MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any experience with some of the UK based track schools? I have only really looked at California Superbike, which has Silverstone sessions. I'd only be interested in ones where you can get bike rentals, I don't plan to have my own in the near future over there.

Any other recommendations?

I'm mostly interested in just getting better at the track. I guess I'm "Intermediate", there is no such classification here but I am not race-fast but I'm not a beginner either.

:conveyer:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I am off to the Chris Walker Race School at Mallory on Tuesday (12 June 12) - Kawasaki 600s.
Will let you know what I think. :nerd:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ron Haslam Race School at Silverstone?

Had a look at that one, seems like they only really do weekdays which is a bit tough. Not unworkable, but a bit more difficult.

Will need to get focused on finding something...been a bit busy.

thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have done the Ron Haslam race school at Donnignton & at Silerstone. They were both good but not enough track time in my opinion.
I went to the |Chris Walker race school at Mallory park yesterday. It was called off due to localised flooding on the track and mud getting washed on to the track.
All of the instructors come from the BSB series. The riders briefing was done by Jamie Whitham. He kept us amused with silly stories and his opinions on what's going on in BSB, WSB and motogp. This was to keep us entertained whilst we had a downpour of biblical proportions.
The guy I spoke to said they are doing one Saturday on the 28th July and there is is still places available.
I decided on Chris Walker cos you get 5 sessions as opposed to only 3 with Ron Haslam.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts