MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys F4 Senna here. I need to replsce the battery. I have the right battery and I know how to do the work but I'm stuck. See the single piece seat has 3 bolts that I need to remove. There's one in the center which is connected to the back of the gas tank and that's the problem. Try as I might I can't figure out how to get it loosened or unscrewed. I'm using an Allen key or hex key to remove that central gas tank bolt. Is that not the right tool for the job? Won't budge an inch and I am afraid to put anymore pressure to unscrew it. Advice? Surely I'm doing something wrong. Thanks in advance!

PS - it's been a while since I've been on this forum. Hope all is well.

Old Wing Nut
Hi Suryad !!
You can actually leave the central bolt alone and take out the 2 bolts holding the "bridge" to the frame. That will allow enough room to undo the negative leads and extract the battery.
But it is only a 6mm allen key. Use a socket and ratchet instead of just the tool kit key and it will come right out.
Call me if you need some support..

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for responding brother. Now that you mention it that triggered a memory I had cause I had done this before without removing the central bolt like you mentioned. I will give it a shot! Thank you so much!

On another note how have you been??

Old Wing Nut

Old Wing Nut
Just up the road !!

Super Moderator
Hi Ed and Suryad.
I always thought the middle bolt was a 5mm hex key.

Feel free to punch me in the face (virtually on the internet) if I am in error.

Ciao,
Dave.

Old Wing Nut
Hi Ed and Suryad.
I always thought the middle bolt was a 5mm hex key.

Feel free to punch me in the face (virtually on the internet) if I am in error.

Ciao,
Dave.
It probably is Dave. I can't remember these things one day to the next. When needed I have a drawer full of choices and frequently make the wrong choice at the first try :rolleyes: :unsure:;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts