MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the proposal to introduce road pricing. You buy the tracking device for your vehicle and then pay monthly bill for road usage. The device will cost around £200 ,someone will know where you are at all times and how fast.

There is a petition on Gov website that they did'nt tell anyone about. If you havent allready signed do so now and spread the word. :baddeal:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
so the proposal is to have this a mandatory 'feature' on all vehicles?

that blows.

you already pay road tax. i've still got the damn tax disc on my FJR. haha.... lazy....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Signed up, but I'm afraid it's pissing up a rope in the long-term.

Big Brother is already here in many ways and, unlike us "grumpy old men", the younger generations actually seem to embrace the whole idea.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
The government didn't put up that petition, a UK resident did. You can post a petition for anything on there. There's one on there petitioning to make Tony Blair stand on his head and juggle ice-cream, amongst others.

Si

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
TheCatWhisperer said:
The government didn't put up that petition, a UK resident did. You can post a petition for anything on there. There's one on there petitioning to make Tony Blair stand on his head and juggle ice-cream, amongst others.

Si
Right, it's a petition AGAINST said act, no?

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
over a million signatures already and news headlines

I think this has to be taken serious

failing that, with so much crap going on over here, i feel like selling up and moving over to the states

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
F41NXS said:
over a million signatures already and news headlines

I think this has to be taken serious

failing that, with so much crap going on over here, i feel like selling up and moving over to the states
I agree....it would start with road tax and then speeding will be next on the list...this proposal is so outrageous though I would expect/hope that enough are citizens against it that the politicians won't have the balls to try and push it through.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
F41NXS said:

woah...easy there....don't do anything rash....

Go EAST young man....EAST!

:smoking: :naughty:

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
As we are not yet restricted enough. In Europe are Speeding Cameras waiting on every Straight, in every Village on every Piece of Road where You possibly could go a little faster, or might Frog's crossing the Street. In the meanwhile are individuals placing fake Speeding Cameras and Cardboard Policeman with Radar Guns on the Streets. Great Idea to observe the populations Speed via Satelite. The fucking Cops don't even need to leave their Chair anmore to change the film. Our (western) Governments want us all to walk by feet or take public transportation. If than really Peoples need to go further distances they should go in Shoe Carton Boxes traveling in walking Speed. It's making me sick of hearing with what bullshit our Governments are cutting the freedom of the Citizens to nothing. I guess in 20 Years we are living like in the middleages again. Healthy, non Smokers, non Alcoholic, no Drugs, non Sexual, meaningless, unmotorized stupid Internet Junkies consuming Government Education.
Amen!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts