MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I stopped at a local paint shop and asked for a rough price to paint the front mudguard on my 2011 Brutal 920 in the same colour as the bike( Matt White?) . Also the tank side panels and maybe the airbox covers .
The guy said £250 for the mudguard and £80 for each small panel .

I've never had any paintwork done before but this price just seemed really high to me and is totally out of my league .

He actually had a couple of petrol tanks on the side that he had painted and they looked superb . Was also prepping a Mustang for a complete respray, god knows how much that's costing.

Was his pricing way over, or is it about right?
Who knows of any good reasonable painters in the UK .
Thanks
Colin

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
My brother in law owns a body shop and he's very good, takes a lot of pride in the stuff they turn out, generally doesn't deal with the insurance companies because they only use cowboys and he does a lot of restorations as well. I just text him and he said around £60+vat subject to seeing it :)

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
Colin

I use a guy who does a lot of warranty paintwork for Ducati UK... He's not the cheapest, but he is reliable and produces good work. If you need any help, feel free to get in touch..

From previous work I’ve had done, I can get these parts refinished cheaper than your initial quotation, but if Chris’s brother in law can do the work for £72, then grab that offer, as to have those 3 parts clear lacquered in 2 Pack would cost more..

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
That £72 was just the mudguard I didn't ask him about the other bits as he has a rough idea of the size of a mudguard but if you send me pics I can get prices for the other bits?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I guess it depends how good a job you want. Pay peanuts you'll get monkeys.I know paint isn't cheap so £72 doesn't seem that unreasonable with all the prep work needed.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
Chris

£72 for a full paint on a front mud guard is still cheap. There's about an hour to two hours work plus materials.. That's a good deal at that price..

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Yeah well I thought £250 was expensive as he prepped and spayed the whole front bumper on my car including filling in two 2p size holes and re fitting for that price.

If you can't find anyone close by and still interested Colin then I'll put you in touch.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ackers I will forward on some pics later on when I'm in from work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts