MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone please tell me the brand, model and compound number of the tyres that are coming on the 2007 910R???

Thank you

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chougrani said:
michelin power pilote, news power pilote 2 st
dunlup sportmax d208f
pirelli diablo corsa
Thanks Sid, but which one, I have also been told the Michelin Power Race and the Supercorsa Dragon.

Can they (Agusta) make there minds up?? I hope this doesn't turn into the exhaust saga or i'm......... :later:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
The 910R, Senna 1000 and 1000R I believe around the globe are fitted standard with the Pirelli Super Corsa's 120/70 front and 190/55 rear. I'm not sure which grade of compound but to hazard a guess I would say Medium.

Just to confuse things I read an article in the AMCN on the 910R the other day and they said it had Michelin Power Race tyres on it but I wouldn't be surprised if those tyres were as a new set put on due to convenience/availability for the article by whoever provided the bike as they are the Michelin equivalent of the Supercorsa's

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rockethouse said:
The 910R, Senna 1000 and 1000R I believe around the globe are fitted standard with the Pirelli Super Corsa's 120/70 front and 190/55 rear. I'm not sure which grade of compound but to hazard a guess I would say Medium.

Just to confuse things I read an article in the AMCN on the 910R the other day and they said it had Michelin Power Race tyres on it but I wouldn't be surprised if those tyres were as a new set put on due to convenience/availability for the article by whoever provided the bike as they are the Michelin equivalent of the Supercorsa's
I read the same article and thats why I am asking, I have phoned Paul Feeny, Michelin, Pirelli and none can give me the exact tyre. They will not be coming with the Power Race tyres but they are coming with the Pirellies. However I do not know which model, I think you are right with the Super Corsers, but again which one, the street, race....??

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Aussie MV said:
I read the same article and thats why I am asking, I have phoned Paul Feeny, Michelin, Pirelli and none can give me the exact tyre. They will not be coming with the Power Race tyres but they are coming with the Pirellies. However I do not know which model, I think you are right with the Super Corsers, but again which one, the street, race....??
I don't know enough about the Super Corsa Pro's but they are race tyes which I would have thought would be graded in soft, med soft and med, don't get them confused with other model Pirelli such as Corsa'a (???) but if they are titled street, race etc I'd be going with the street, these things have a very short life around 2000kms so unless you plan on doing serious hill riding or you have money to burn you might be better off with Pilot Powers or the new Metzler M3's.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
At least in the U.S, Michelin does not make a 190/55 tire. I also could not find the "street" version (if it really exists) so I just ordered the hardest compounds they had
(SC3 rear-SC2 front) of the Pirelli Supercorsa pros.

John T

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
airfuel said:
At least in the U.S, Michelin does not make a 190/55 tire. I also could not find the "street" version (if it really exists) so I just ordered the hardest compounds they had
(SC3 rear-SC2 front) of the Pirelli Supercorsa pros.

John T
Yeah I can't seem to find the street version either, they (at Pirelli & MV Agusta) have advised me to run with a medium compound. How much longer does it take you to get heat into the harder compound tyre and what are they like in the wet?? I reckon I would be better off with the tyre you suggest.

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Aussie MV said:
How much longer does it take you to get heat into the harder compound tyre and what are they like in the wet?? I reckon I would be better off with the tyre you suggest.

Thanks

Mark
I was told warm up is 5-10mins of regular street riding(???). If you were going to be riding in the wet at all...go with the Pilot Powers.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rockethouse said:
I was told warm up is 5-10mins of regular street riding(???). If you were going to be riding in the wet at all...go with the Pilot Powers.
Cheers mate, I think I will stick to dry riding as much as I can.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
airfuel said:
If I'm not mistaken the SC3 is the medium compound.

Thankyou, I will wait to see when the contact at Pirelli gets back to me and lets me know what the 910R is coming with and then I will work out the compound on the feedback from all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts