MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would appear that M/C tyres are considerably cheaper in the UK than they are down under..
I'm heading over next week and I have a generous baggage allowance so I though I'd bring a set back with me. Can anybody in old Blighty suggest a good supplier, preferably one who would be able to supply ex-VAT for export? :)
I found this MOB who seem extremely cheap, however not sure what they are like:
http://www.mytyres.co.uk/

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
J

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
What are you paying in Oz, up in Brisbane I get Dunlop sportsmart 2 front and rear for 430.00 fitted.

cheers eddy
Is it worth the trouble?

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Our tyres may be different to yours.

Tyres are made for generalised markets that share similar things such as weather, road surfaces etc and i'm sure from memory are coded on the side to reflect this.

Your choice of course but worst case scenario is you fit our tyres, they over heat or something and you crash a result. Your insurance company will wash their hands of you and then charge for the privilege.

I might be wrong but I'm sure i saw something a while back about a batch of the old 207's hitting the market that were made for a different country and so where too hard for the UK.

Tyres everywhere are expensive imo but if you still want a set i can supply Excl VAT for export if required.

:)

·
Registered
837 Posts
What are you paying in Oz, up in Brisbane I get Dunlop sportsmart 2 front and rear for 430.00 fitted.

cheers eddy
Is it worth the trouble?

You'd pay that here for a pair fitted from a local retailer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts