MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could the standard 190mm tyre be changed out for a 200mm tyre :smoking: Would it fit the stock rim or would the rim need to be changed, also could the tyre profile be flatter?
I have noticed that the stock 190mm tyre has quite a high profile as compared to my mates GSXR 1000 (yes I know, different bikes).
The change would be for cosmetic purposes only but would it affect the bike at all, tyre ware, handling etc... and can it be done?

What is everyones thought please??
 

·
King of the Sink
Joined
·
1,571 Posts
Thoughts? I think you should leave your bike alone and let the rest of us catch up. Are there any original parts left on it? :stickpoke :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sventekoz said:
Thoughts? I think you should leave your bike alone and let the rest of us catch up. Are there any original parts left on it? :stickpoke :)
C'mon mate, follow my lead, I have just ordered carbon fibre exhaust protectors and black reservoir covers, oh and you know about the seats ;) But only one maybe two more pieces of carbon, the tail piece and the frame pieces. By the way I had a look at your new pictures, I didn't realise you were so short :rolleyes:

Maybe later the bigger tyre :smoking:
 

·
King of the Sink
Joined
·
1,571 Posts
I think I have some of those valve caps that light up when you move - do you want me to post them to you? :)

The ozone layer must be completely gone over the NW just from the amount of carbon you have on the bike!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,156 Posts
What profile are you planning to run with the 200mm wide tyre?

Aussie MV said:
Could the standard 190mm tyre be changed out for a 200mm tyre :smoking: Would it fit the stock rim or would the rim need to be changed, also could the tyre profile be flatter?
I have noticed that the stock 190mm tyre has quite a high profile as compared to my mates GSXR 1000 (yes I know, different bikes).
The change would be for cosmetic purposes only but would it affect the bike at all, tyre ware, handling etc... and can it be done?

What is everyones thought please??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sventekoz said:
I think I have some of those valve caps that light up when you move - do you want me to post them to you? :)

The ozone layer must be completely gone over the NW just from the amount of carbon you have on the bike!

Excellent I am having a good laugh here :laughing: I can tell you :) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
minime said:
What profile are you planning to run with the 200mm wide tyre?
I am not sure that's what I am trying to find out, how low with the 200mm tyre could you go?? Can the 200mm tyre be fit to the bike??
 

·
King of the Sink
Joined
·
1,571 Posts
Forget it. They won't fit. I've looked it up. You're wasting your time. It's all over, red rover. Just walk away Renee.

I've also found out that there's been a worldwide recall on CF products fitted to Brutales operated in hot environments - especially when they start with 'P' - so you'll have to take it all off and send it back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sventekoz said:
Forget it. They won't fit. I've looked it up. You're wasting your time. It's all over, red rover. Just walk away Renee.

I've also found out that there's been a worldwide recall on CF products fitted to Brutales operated in hot environments - especially when they start with 'P' - so you'll have to take it all off and send it back.
I am not going to believe anything you say from here on in. Actually my mate is getting a Triumph Rocket with a 240mm rear tyre so I am going to put that on the Brutale. Then ........
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts

·
King of the Sink
Joined
·
1,571 Posts
Aussie MV said:
I am not going to believe anything you say from here on in. Actually my mate is getting a Triumph Rocket with a 240mm rear tyre so I am going to put that on the Brutale. Then ........
Then you'll have a Brutale Rocket! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,292 Posts
The new trend is the retro look and skinny tires. Putting a 110 on the rear
will sharpen the steering response and think of the looks you'll get at the local hangout!
 

·
King of the Sink
Joined
·
1,571 Posts
airfuel said:
The new trend is the retro look and skinny tires. Putting a 110 on the rear
will sharpen the steering response and think of the looks you'll get at the local hangout!
LOL! Love it! Maybe the wheels could be changed to the wire spoke jobs too! :)
 

·
King of the Sink
Joined
·
1,571 Posts
Aussie MV said:
Too hard to wash.
Not if they were CF! :)

Anyway, I guess you want to get back on topic by now... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't think I could go the "retro look". I would not go any smaller than 190mm, you might as well buy a pushbike. Anyway can it be done and what is the lowest profile you could put on the rim if it was fitted with a 200mm tyre?? Anyone.
 

·
King of the Sink
Joined
·
1,571 Posts
In all seriousness, I thought it was only advisable to change the profile rather than the aspect. So, if you wanted a 'flatter' tyre then you'd decrease the profile.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
Aussie MV said:
By the way I had a look at your new pictures, I didn't realise you were so short :rolleyes:
HA HA, well done!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
Aussie MV said:
I don't think I could go the "retro look". I would not go any smaller than 190mm, you might as well buy a pushbike. Anyway can it be done and what is the lowest profile you could put on the rim if it was fitted with a 200mm tyre?? Anyone.
Listen up, tough guy, working with Harley's for so many years I have had the pleasure of stuffing my fair share of fat tires where they dont belong. Here is what you are going to have to do, are you ready? Measure the distance between the outermost point on the swingarm side of the tire, and the chain. The 200mm is only going to be 5mm closer than your current tire, and some of that will be eaten up in the sidewall anyway. When you get that measurement, drive it from your mind and buy the damn tire anyway! No, make a judgement call on weather or not you feel its too close, and bite the bullet. And take plenty of pictures, too.

How is it gonna ride? How the hell would i know? I've never ridden a Brutale with a 200 on the back, geeeez.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,291 Posts
I doubt it'll fit. The exhaust comes so close to the 190 as is....fitting in a fatter tire...no thanks.

Although, I admist it'll make the rear end look more menacing, your bikes handling will go to absolute poo. Put a 60 series up front, and watch how effortless your turn in is....
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top