MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I did 12000km on my brutale 1078 with the original factory pirellis.
The back tyre has a very deep wear in the center.
The treads are still in good condition.
I am just wondering if this is normal or if what has caused this is related to chain/rear sprocket, wrong pressure.... or even i need to get different tyre profile.

I normally keep the back tyre pressure at 27/28 psi.

Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Michael

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
couple thoughts. 12000km is pretty good, i'd be changing tires well before that anyway.

deep wear in the center sounds like the treads are NOT in a good condition. So you are wearing the middle more than the sides, right?

Pressure seems a bit low for street use. Dunno psi anymore, but for the street i'm usually around 2.2 in the front and nearer 2.4 in the rear. Should be in the low 30s in psi i think? I find that I wear the sides of the fronts before anything else. I replace both tires together whenever one of them needs changing....

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Hey Michael,

12000Kms on SuperCorsas is close to a miracle :)
It's probably one of the highest mileage i heared of on these tyres.
So, i'd say that there's nothing wrong with your tyres...they've just done their time IMHO.

You live in a hot and at times very humid region...i'd probably try out the CorsaIII or Corsa Rosso if i were you.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
12000 or 1200, they must be like bricks, :jsm:
+1

That tyre pressure is definitely too low for road-use (~30 psi for wet occassionally) Lots of opinions pending tyre type, temp yada yada - but definitely 33 - 36 psi for rear.

...low pressure means sits firmly in centre and with motorway/road use - it will square off (flat spot when instead of nice arc)

throw them away and get the right tyres for the type of riding you do 80% of the time

Cheers

·
Registered
241 Posts
Wow...I got maybe 2000mi out of the OEM Pirellis on my B1078rr. As stated, bump up that rear pressure to the low- to mid-30 range.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Tire pressure on the Brutale should be 33 front and rear according to the manual. I have been using the Diablo Rosso Corsa since February when they were released here. They hold up pretty good(about 2000 miles out of a rear) and we ride pretty aggressively. They hold their shape much better than the Supercorsa which tends to flat spot the middle quite easily.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I just got 6200 miles out of the original rear on my 06, 910 and I was just shy of exposing he steel belts. I run 36 psi front and rear - always have (its firmer but for street life you get more out of the tire).

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Hi

I did 12000km on my brutale 1078 with the original factory pirellis.
The back tyre has a very deep wear in the center.
The treads are still in good condition.
I am just wondering if this is normal or if what has caused this is related to chain/rear sprocket, wrong pressure.... or even i need to get different tyre profile.

I normally keep the back tyre pressure at 27/28 psi.

Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Michael
12000 !!! wow
I'm lucky to get 800km out of rear Supercorsa

·
Registered
178 Posts
WOWOWOW. 12K out of SC's. I got 3800 out of my last set of SC sp's. You should bronze those and put them on the wall!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I never had more than 5000 km out of a rear tyre. Normally 3500km and they are ready for the skip. I'm not so fast so I'd love to know how you do that!! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts