MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’d like to hear what tyres you are all using on the 175cc bikes, I have a Michelin (Made in Italy) 2.75 x 19 ACS that is now only made in a 9” scooter size :)confused:) and the available tyres in that size are made by Cheng Shin, Mitas and Heidenau.
The front is a Pirelli that looks like an Avon Speedmaster copy and that seems fine but the rear feels a bit loose even on dry roads. Unsure if this is suspension rather than tyres though!
Comments welcome,
J

·
Administrator
19,841 Posts
Welcome to the family James P.. !! How about an introductory post in the "New Members" section? And tell us about your classic MV....what model is it? We love photos, too.
Where in the UK do you reside? There is a UK MV Owners Club with a lot of support for the vintage bikes.
Go here:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the suggestion, I’ve posted a short piece about me, the bike is a 1956 CSTL and I’ve been a member of the club since 2016. I’m based in south Cumbria and surrounded by lovely countryside.
J

·
Registered
75 Posts
There is a Metzler tyre in a 3.00/19 available which I think is front or back.

Avon also do a 3.00/19 for sidecar use which can go in any position. By nature it is very flat in profile but as a rear it might work well enough on a normal little bike.
I fitted a 3.00 Avon speedmaster and a 3.5 Avon safety milage on a 1950s 200 cc bike which had 2.75/19 originally. It was tight at the back but it something to look at perhaps.

·
Registered
91 Posts
On my 1957 CS57 175CS I have Mitas H-01 3.00 x 19 on the rear and Cheng Shin C116 Front Ribbed 2.75 x 19 and got them from Vintage Tyres in Beaulieu.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your suggestions. I think I’ll try the Metzler as I’d prefer to avoid anything coming out of China for the time being😁

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have Dunlop K82's on my 125 TREL both 2.75 x 18, look the part and seem to work well enough.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thank you all for your suggestions. I think I’ll try the Metzler as I’d prefer to avoid anything coming out of China for the time being😁
the problem is that front should be ribbed to be period correct which in 2.75 width it leaves you CST (aka Chen Shin) or nothing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tough isn’t it?! The current front seems ok. It’s the rear I’m planning to change imminently.
at the pseudo mot it did well though, especially brakes!

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
I use the Pirelli City Demon for 125 TREL Centomila. They look period correct. Here in the US they don't sell the correct size for my bike so I picked a set up in Rome. I thought I saw them for sale on some of the UK sites.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts