MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've been intrigued with typography designs and posters for awhile now and was inspired to start making some of my own for MV's and MVAgusta.net after hours. I'm not sure if there would actually be interest in something like this but I thought I would show a bit of my first one and see how you like it. I'm going to try to do a few different styles towards possible shirts or prints -- just not sure what everyone thinks!

Essentially this design is completely made up of 3 terms:
MV
AGUSTA
NET

with various sizes and rotations in order to complete the entire design of the Brutale. Attached is a zoomed out version and a zoomed in version--

Opinions appreciated!! :f4: I welcome any criticisms or suggestions. This in the end will be for the community..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I like it.

What about just putting a part of bike on shirt in this style? Just like upper picture, but more focused...headlight maybe or exhausts.

I must say that I really like the idea and upper picture. Would order a shirt or two...

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do think putting a portion of the bike is probably more manageable on a shirt so you can see the fine details. I like the idea :)

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll probably attack the side view in a few different styles, create a small collection -- then move to different angles if its a success? :)

I think on a print / poster side view would be good but on a shirt, anything goes

·
Registered
514 Posts
I think it's looking pretty cool. This pointillism stuff is not easy to do at all. One small suggestion I could make in regard to line weight. It would be nice if some of the text was skewed on curved parts. So it gets a bit thicker at the bottom of curves. If I use the hand grips as an example - It would be nice too if the text on the underside of the bar was bold and the text at the top left normal. The heavier line on the bottom of objects will really help lift the various shapes off the page.

For the air intake - a cross hatch of really tiny lines of text would look great too. Overall It's looking really great though - nice job.

A completely different suggestion and this is by no means a "fresh" idea... But one of those fractal paintings where thousands of tiny photos are combined to make a larger image might look good for a poster too. I'm sure you can get software that does it for you. I think iphoto even does it on the fly now with your photo collection. The text though would look better on a Tshirt for sure.

·
Administrator
18,862 Posts
Pretty cool, Alvin.

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think it's looking pretty cool. This pointillism stuff is not easy to do at all. One small suggestion I could make in regard to line weight. It would be nice if some of the text was skewed on curved parts. So it gets a bit thicker at the bottom of curves. If I use the hand grips as an example - It would be nice too if the text on the underside of the bar was bold and the text at the top left normal. The heavier line on the bottom of objects will really help lift the various shapes off the page.

For the air intake - a cross hatch of really tiny lines of text would look great too. Overall It's looking really great though - nice job.

A completely different suggestion and this is by no means a "fresh" idea... But one of those fractal paintings where thousands of tiny photos are combined to make a larger image might look good for a poster too. I'm sure you can get software that does it for you. I think iphoto even does it on the fly now with your photo collection. The text though would look better on a Tshirt for sure.
It definitely could look cleaner with say-- skewed text and different weights to the text but I tried to keep a strict rule of using only the same font weight throughout, and not distorting the actual type itself (only scaled adjustments to sizing, and rotations). I definitely can go in there and create real small type to make a better appearance of a curve-- so maybe more fine touches would be required. I definitely like the idea of the cross hatches for the air intake mesh; and defining the bottom of say the handlebars to lift it up.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can't put animations on a tshirt or poster :) but its a nice concept... don't have that much time though

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
i know its a draft but i don't like it. ( the wheels especially)
maybe if the text was aligned all in the same direction??

you couldn't just put an exploded view of the whole bike so when i walk into my mechanics i can just point and say "I need one of these..."

and i think the classic's missed out last round of t-shirts aswell...
I would like to get one of the older F4 ones if you get another run of those

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for your input. Trying to be more creative than just pasting something and printing it...

As for the wheels, i actually had a draft without any wheels on and just the fenders and swingarm and didn't think it was too bad. Things to contemplate

·
Registered
876 Posts
If only a portion of the bike is used and a wheel is included, the star wheel would open the door to another angle on creativity. The Brutale tail is the most attractive view.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts