MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live outside of Melbourne and need to have my first set of tyres fitted, local bike shop have the tyers but don't or won't take much care in not marking my wheels, have had the fit tyers to other bikes I have had.
Can anyone point me to a good dealer?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in East Gippsland, 3.5 hours out of Melbourne. I may take it back to Peter Stevens as I brought it new from them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I live outside of Melbourne and need to have my first set of tyres fitted, local bike shop have the tyers but don't or won't take much care in not marking my wheels, have had the fit tyers to other bikes I have had.
Can anyone point me to a good dealer?
Hey JPC, Your biggest issue with a local place is the rear sprocket for removing the rear wheel and having the right jack for the front to remove the front wheel. I use a local shop but remove the wheels myself as I've got all the tools I need. Having said that last time I was in a rush and just dropped it into PS, but I do work in the Melbourne so that makes it a lot easier than from your location.

Cheers Justin

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Justin,

I called PS today and they gave me a price of $44 per wheel for fitting, I may have to use the local shop.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
It's worth while getting the socket for the rear nut (one of the e-bay small ones if touring as it fits under the seat). Bursons sell them for around $70. If you use a local bike shop have a chat to them before you get the tyre changed so they know what you expect (no rim damage) and make sure they torque the nut when refitting the wheel. You will have to supply them with a copy. Torque settings are in the manual which Donsy has added to the site.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Emmevi125s,
I will talk to the local guy, I have brought a few bikes from him over the years and he knows I'm a pain.
Brought one of the sockets a while back off Ebay and will check the tension needed.
Always a problem living out of the City when cars or bikes need work, but we do have great roads to ride on.

Thanks.

·
Registered
867 Posts
FYI I have just had a new set of Bridgestones S20 EVO's fitted to my Brute, from Dynoverks in Boronia, complete price incl removing and re-fitting both wheels and GST was $515 which I thought was pretty dam good and not a single mark on my painted rims. The bike's feel on these tyres is quite incredible, but the SportSmarts that were on it were 10,000Kays old and pretty f****d.

James

·
Super Moderator
21,423 Posts
I've got those S20 tires on my 312R. They are excellent in the dry and stick very well for track days. Rain is an issue though, as there isn't much siping on that rubber.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ended up going with the local guys, $700 for front & rear Pirelli Rosso fitted, and they didn't have a tension wrench big enough for the rear wheel tension. I had to borrow one and do it myself.
But no marks on my rims, next time I'll load it in the van and take it to Melbourne.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts