MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally picked up my F3 from MCC (near Chicago) this weekend. It seems like only 10 years ago that I put down money on her. All joking aside it has been more than a few years since I actually bought a bike at MCC- but as always Geoff and John made me feel at home and the purchase was easy.

Usually I’d be at the Indy GP this weekend but work has me travelling a lot. Picking up the F3 helped ease my feeling about the GP. Besides as John & I were finishing the paperwork on the deal, we were able to stream and watch qualifying. It’s sucks that it takes an entire hour (wink wink) to sign all those forms. Too bad about Nicky. And Casey. And Hector.

Between the ride home and a couple short rides Sunday, I’ve put about 160 miles on the bike. I’ve only ridden the bike in “N” (normal) mode. And I have nothing but good to say about her. I could complain that the bars are a little buzzy, but that’s a minor quibble. I had no stalling. The power seems great for a 600- though I’m obviously not pushing her now. She’s extremely light,easy through the twisties and inspires a lot of confidence.

As I write this I’m out of town again for work. My wife texted me today during a meeting. She said she took my F3 for a quick spin. Her thoughts mirror mine. She said- “That thing is so F’n light! It winds up fast and drops into the corners nicely. It reminds me of your old Brutale. But that seat so sucks!” Then- she texted about jumping on to her 2010 F4 immediately afterward. She said- “My bike although fast, felt like a MV Agusta with too many trips to Mc Donald’s. It felt really heavy after yours. It took me an hour to get back into my rhythm on my bike”. And trust me she loves that F4.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Geoff and John and team MCC rock. Excellent customer service and great to deal with. I have bought several bikes from them and most recently my black F3. I live out in Barrington. Maybe will run into each other the road sometime. Enjoy your F3. Wait till you break it in and start getting the revs over 8 or 9. The sound is awesome. It's an angry little beast.

·
Super Moderator
22,298 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm actually not in Texas full time. If/When I sell my house up north I'll probably end up in the Austin area.

As for the softtail- yes it's a deuce. Probably going to the 110th aniversery kick off party this weekend.

I picked up the MH900e a couple years ago- it like 3 miles on it. I got it in Milwaukee when Sam was at Ducati Milwaukee after Corse shut down:cry:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts