MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bad weekend in my town, two great guys got killed in the same accident this weekend.
They went around a bend in high speed and on the other side a Hummer was just about to make a left turn. According to himself (and its probably true) he checked carefully first, but suddenly he had two bikes coming up , he frooze half way over the oncoming lane. The cops measured 54 meters of breaking traces from the bikes, the two guys came with a distance of 20 meters after eachother, both hit the Hummer and died.

Its been a low mood around bikers here, ever since. I went out for a while this evening but something feels so totally wrong.. guess it takes its time..

R.I.P guys

·
Registered
349 Posts
Reality always hits home when you hear something like that.
I know what you mean about going out for a ride and feeling "wrong".
It does take time to hop back in the sadle.

RIP

Truely Sorry

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
OMG that is so sad. RIP. I hope the Hummer guy is alright too since I would be traumatized if I was the driver of the car.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Very sad news Thomas.

RIP

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Sad news, I don't like reading these stories...but we need to...unfortunately.

RIP riders.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of two great friends of You. I just hope everyone is learning out of such tragic scenarios. Reading about coming around a bend, braking hard for 57 meters and hitting a car still in a deadly speed, means this pure souls were exceeding the speed limits excessively. I can only urge You guys to recognize the fact that there could be anything standing, laying after every bend. Leave always reserves for You to handle situations like this. Thousand times said: Backroads aren't Race Tracks. Being death is not cool at all.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of two great friends of You. I just hope everyone is learning out of such tragic scenarios. Reading about coming around a bend, braking hard for 57 meters and hitting a car still in a deadly speed, means this pure souls were exceeding the speed limits excessively. I can only urge You guys to recognize the fact that there could be anything standing, laying after every bend. Leave always reserves for You to handle situations like this. Thousand times said: Backroads aren't Race Tracks. Being death is not cool at all.
+1 haupti!
And actually the discussion on the local bike forum is now more like how can we prevent this from happening again, how can we keep riding fast but safer, not like most of the time: by default blaming the irresponsible car drivers.. Everybody realize that in this case the driver of the Hummer cant be alone responsible. Ok he stood still like a roadblock across the road when the bikes hit the car, but was probably already there traumatized from seeing what was about to happen, probably he had done as good sequrity check as possible before, but nothing would have been enough probably..
Again sad about the two young guys, only met them every now and then on the bike but they were really the two you remembered from a crowd..

Ride safe now guys!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
RIP!!! I can't comment as I wasn't there.

I am 100% with Haupti here. If you can't see past the blind corner the other driver/rider coming from the other direction also cannot see you. 54m long skid and still going!! - thats longer than the length of a public swimming pool.

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
How very, very sad. RIP riders, and my condolences to their family and friends.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My thoughts are with all concerned! Not just your riding community and the family of the unfortunate riders, but also and especially with the driver. Whilst the death of the riders is sad and tragic,the driver really did'nt do anything wrong! Wrong place,wrong time.
Let's spare a thought for the driver who'll now live with the thought that their existance,contributed to the death of two people. For the rest of their lives they will replay the minutes leading up to the accident saying "what if". What if I had'nt started turning,what if I'd waited another 5 seconds,what if I'd left work 10 seconds later????
We could all take a moment to reflect on how lucky we are or have been,and on how our actions could invariably affect more people than we often care to consider.
Rest in Peace

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
How incredibly sad and unfortunate. My thoughts are with the families and friends of those that were killed, as well as for the driver who now must live with this memory for the rest of his life, even though he probably couldn't have done anything different.

Sad day for all involved.

Griff
twoeleven

·
2,156 Posts
My thoughts are with all concerned! Not just your riding community and the family of the unfortunate riders, but also and especially with the driver. Whilst the death of the riders is sad and tragic,the driver really did'nt do anything wrong! Wrong place,wrong time.
Let's spare a thought for the driver who'll now live with the thought that their existance,contributed to the death of two people. For the rest of their lives they will replay the minutes leading up to the accident saying "what if". What if I had'nt started turning,what if I'd waited another 5 seconds,what if I'd left work 10 seconds later????
We could all take a moment to reflect on how lucky we are or have been,and on how our actions could invariably affect more people than we often care to consider.
Rest in Peace

L,On a lighter note, saw your bike today and congratulations, hope you enjoy and can make it to the Winton Aus SBK dinner, and, on a preaching note, Gentleman, yes its very sad and unfortunate/ catostrophic to hear of fellow riders "going down' and paying the ultimate price however I hold one and one only modus operandi for riding on the road as distinct from riding on the track and that is SLOW IN
FAST OUT IE do not commit if you can not see:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts