MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two concerns about the F3's turn signals and I wanted to know if anyone has figured out a workaround for it:

1. The turn signals can't be used as emergency/hazard flashing lights (have them all flash simultaneously when parked in the breakdown lane). I have had it on all of my previous bikes and I really miss this functionality.

2. Not actually a concern, but annoying. The turn signals are not self cancelling, so the rider consciously needs to turn them off. Again, not something I would have expected from a premium bike, when all the cheap ones are equipped with advanced self cancelling relays these days. Maybe MV decided to cut corners to reduce costs? I know I can glance at my instrument cluster every couple minutes to make sure my turn signals are not flashing, but that's not the point I am trying to make here. The signalMinder seems to be the only viable option, has anyone used it before or anyone using it with their F3?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
.... you sound like a BMW rider.... :stickpoke :)
Well I love the BMW, it is a well made street bike and IMO all street bikes should definitely have these basic features.

·
Registered
197 Posts
.... you sound like a BMW rider.... :stickpoke :)
I wanted to say that but was being polite.

I bought a Harley once to see what the attraction was (turned out to be none) and the indicator bulbs keep breaking from the horrible vibrations. After weeks of regularly buying replacement bulbs and moaning to the Bike shop they replied;
"We don't understand why you find this a nuisance and feel the need to keep replacing them, most Harley riders don't bother using their indicators"

I find the indicator button location is spot on for ease of use, both flicking it on and off. LED lights would have looked cooler though for the money we paid.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I have two concerns about the F3's turn signals and I wanted to know if anyone has figured out a workaround for it:

1. The turn signals can't be used as emergency/hazard flashing lights (have them all flash simultaneously when parked in the breakdown lane). I have had it on all of my previous bikes and I really miss this functionality.

2. Not actually a concern, but annoying. The turn signals are not self cancelling, so the rider consciously needs to turn them off. Again, not something I would have expected from a premium bike, when all the cheap ones are equipped with advanced self cancelling relays these days. Maybe MV decided to cut corners to reduce costs? I know I can glance at my instrument cluster every couple minutes to make sure my turn signals are not flashing, but that's not the point I am trying to make here. The signalMinder seems to be the only viable option, has anyone used it before or anyone using it with their F3?
Are you really 'seriously concerned'?

Whats next, its not self cleaning?

In 21 years I've yet to ride a bike with self canceling indicators or need hazards on a motorcycle.

I find your concern ill founded and just a little weird.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Are you really 'seriously concerned'?

Whats next, its not self cleaning?

In 21 years I've yet to ride a bike with self canceling indicators or need hazards on a motorcycle.

I find your concern ill founded and just a little weird.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com App
BMW S10000RR and Aprilia RSV4 both have self cancelling indicators,
S1000RR has hazards as well :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
BMW S10000RR and Aprilia RSV4 both have self cancelling indicators,
S1000RR has hazards as well :)

Still, it's not that big a deal. Those bikes don't have counter-rotating crankshaft, MV stickers or good looks.

I can understand that self cancelling lights and hazzards may be useful or nice to have, but as a must-have, no way.

I have buddies who ride BMWs, we all get along great. By that I mean everyone teases them. :naughty:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys, the post was to find alternatives if there were any, not to discuss what one wants and what is nice to have. There is nothing wrong in making a beautiful bike perfect by adding some well thought out functionality. If someone is happy with the F3's stock turn signals, thats good. I'll continue to improvise them ;)

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
When I bought the F4, that was the first MV I owned that actually HAD blinkers - my main 'concern' was that I had use them!!!!!!!

Blinkers are bullshit bring back hand signals (to use at your own discretion) I say :yo:

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Self cancelling indicators..None of my bikes has them. It's very simple to touch the button to cancel and I like being able to decide exactly when to stop them blinking...

joe

·
Registered
5,193 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Self cancelling indicators..None of my bikes has them. It's very simple to touch the button to cancel and I like being able to decide exactly when to stop them blinking...

joe
I wonder if the F3 actually does have auto cancelling indicators? I only found out it had them by error on my part? my RSV4 will blink around 16 times then cancel, I don't know if they stay on if I am staionary?

It may be as easy as changing the flasher relay for something like the Aprilia one?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Some Belgian dude develloped a little relais to put under the seat. Hazard flashing light is activated by blinking to the right first and then quickly to the left. Had it installed on my Triumph Street Triple and worked perfectly!

edit : the price is about € 40 :)

here's the link http://www.gelec.be/

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Guys, the post was to find alternatives if there were any, not to discuss what one wants and what is nice to have. There is nothing wrong in making a beautiful bike perfect by adding some well thought out functionality. If someone is happy with the F3's stock turn signals, thats good. I'll continue to improvise them ;)

Or get a bottle of Sam and chill out on the porch ; )

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it's a race bike your lucky it comes blinkers and a headlight
lol, true...and also comes with a seat not a foam pad! But first and foremost, it is a street bike which can also be used for racing. The same is true for RSV4 and S1000RR :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wonder if the F3 actually does have auto cancelling indicators? I only found out it had them by error on my part? my RSV4 will blink around 16 times then cancel, I don't know if they stay on if I am staionary?

It may be as easy as changing the flasher relay for something like the Aprilia one?
On my S1000RR, they flash continuously if I am stationary. Once I start moving, they stop flashing after 10 seconds.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
This is like discussing cupholder design in a Ferrari 458...
Thats a 458 off my list then, can't live without the cup holder :naughty:

My R8 has 2 cup holders :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts