MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have managed to source a radiator. However it is minus the fan. It is the version that would have the single fan as standard. The previous rad that let me down had a twin fan conversion. It was these fans that ate the radiator. Maybe by being mounted too close? The arc of the blade was catching the rad fins. Apologies as I have looked on the site but can't find much. How much of a drama is it to fit the twin version to a single version radiator. I am getting the old damaged radiator with the mounts and the twin fans returned to me. Any help would be appreciated. Both radiators should be with me by Monday/Tuesday.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh. The roads in the Isle of Man where I recently returned from are very bumpy in places. I think this has, as you say made the fans touch the radiator intermittently. That said mine is now beyond repair and I have been fortunate in getting another one. As Mv no longer supply them apparently? I think I have sourced a single fan and will probably fit that rather than struggle with mounts for the twin fans only for it to happen again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My radiator is still on its way back from the garage I got my bike from. But yes, that is exactly what happened to mine, and that will solve it. As you say, a washer just to step it out slightly. Good luck with the repair. Hopefully you will fix it. Mine needed recoring so not so lucky. It was cheaper for me to source a replacement.

·
Registered
22 Posts
How difficult is to turn the single fan radiator into the double. I just picked up a 2006 and am thinking about either adding a second fan or getting a different water pump. Any wisdom/advise?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to be honest I can't answer that. What I can say is that here are two bikes that have had their radiators damaged by a twin fan conversion. With that in mind I would try and keep the single.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What temps are 'normal' for these bikes to run at? Assuming city riding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts