MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,

It appears that my TVL is so happy to be back in Italy (for a short trip) that decided to show her happiness blinking ALL the indicators even if the ignition key is out and the dashboard is off.
The fairy lights effect is impressive, yet I would rather get rid of it.

I searched already in the forum but I am sufficiently confident that this is new.
It is also funny that she decided to do that some km away from my mother in law place that is a stone thrown from not one, but two official MV Agusta dealers.

The annoying thing is that I was supposed to come back home in the UK tomorrow via night train to Dusseldorf and Eurotunnel, that will need to be rescheduled if I am not able to sort the problem.

Obviously, I disconnected the battery because I don't want to add the insult of a flat battery to the injury of a poltergeist in the ECU.

Any idea of what might have caused this?

The only alarm I have is the Thatcham approved BikeTrak.

And yes, everything else works just fine.

Oh, and even funnier. The Quickshifter started working again, no problem, as soon as I approached Alps.

Who says that bikes don't have a soul?

Attachments

·
Registered
866 Posts
So,

It appears that my TVL is so happy to be back in Italy (for a short trip) that decided to show her happiness blinking ALL the indicators even if the ignition key is out and the dashboard is off.
The fairy lights effect is impressive, yet I would rather get rid of it.

I searched already in the forum but I am sufficiently confident that this is new.
It is also funny that she decided to do that some km away from my mother in law place that is a stone thrown from not one, but two official MV Agusta dealers.

The annoying thing is that I was supposed to come back home in the UK tomorrow via night train to Dusseldorf and Eurotunnel, that will need to be rescheduled if I am not able to sort the problem.

Obviously, I disconnected the battery because I don't want to add the insult of a flat battery to the injury of a poltergeist in the ECU.

Any idea of what might have caused this?

The only alarm I have is the Thatcham approved BikeTrak.

And yes, everything else works just fine.

Oh, and even funnier. The Quickshifter started working again, no problem, as soon as I approached Alps.

Who says that bikes don't have a soul?
Did you engaged the warning lights (button is on the left side, front/bottom of the button pod) (Not sure but warning may be still working if you engaged them before you switch off the bike)?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Ah, great reply. So damn obvious, but probably overlooked in the stress of the moment!!:cool:

Yes, this looks so obvious when you know:

1. there is a button for warning (as matter of fact, one of the review of the last TVL SCS mentionned warning is not part of the equipment, while i'm pretty sure it is there)
  2. you understand that the basic principle of warning lights should allow you to use them in parking condition (which means even without the key in)
But once you don't know that there is a warning button neither where it is (and I can tell you that on the TV it is far from being obvious!!!), it may be quite surprising if you actioned them by mistake without even noticing…

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
And MarcSilverTriple was completely correct!
Thank you profusely for that!
Even though I actually read the manual I miss it somehow.
An yes. It is in a position where you don't expect anything to be.

Suffice to say I gently kissed my TVL and apologised with her. :-D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update.
This morning she did it again, and this time I am 101% sure I didn't touch the button.
I noticed that the left button pod is a bit loose. This might have triggered it.
I'll sort it as soon as I'm back home.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Update.
This morning she did it again, and this time I am 101% sure I didn't touch the button.
I noticed that the left button pod is a bit loose. This might have triggered it.
I'll sort it as soon as I'm back home.

At least you know how to stop it, now :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts