MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have a Turismo Veloce, and sometimes leading group of bikers. I did about a hundred of kilometers today with my wife following me on her Street Triple, and she mentioned that my indicators are not really well positioned when leading a group as too low for being easily seen. As per my understanding after discussion with her, moving them above the level of the license plate should be solving this problem, as in this position they would become much more visible.

As anyone done that with the standard indicators, and if so, how did you mount them on the standard plate holder?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
R&G do a tail tidy that moves the standard indicators to the top corners of the licence plate. Personally I don't like it much but it does what you ask.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
R&G do a tail tidy that moves the standard indicators to the top corners of the licence plate. Personally I don't like it much but it does what you ask.
Good find, but I'd like to keep the fender, as I'm riding sometimes under the rain, and it does a good job. But may be I can have a look at least at the fitting instruction to see what I can do.

Thanks.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
431 Posts
Good find, but I'd like to keep the fender, as I'm riding sometimes under the rain, and it does a good job. But may be I can have a look at least at the fitting instruction to see what I can do.

Thanks.

I have the MV sport plate holder fitted, it doesn't have a fender and I have no problems when it rains. I guess the number plate acts as a kind of gender.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I have the MV sport plate holder fitted, it doesn't have a fender and I have no problems when it rains. I guess the number plate acts as a kind of gender.
Maybe the size of the huge aero-brake syst*h*h*h* UK number plate is also participating into this :grin2:. Around here, it is a bot smaller, and I guess the fender may make a difference...

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In France, we can't even use a bigger plate. I's forbidden and would cost us as much as using a smaller plate than the one we should (and not only money, it would cost us in both case a drive license point). And sorry for the joke about the big number plate. I had an English colleague who came here to work, and during his first months, his bike was still registered in UK. We had a ride together in french alps in couple of occasion, and the first time it was his first on the continent. He used this argument of big Aero Brake Plate to justify the fact he was having difficulties to follow (which was not really surprising looking at how much change you have to absorb when you ride here : different lane, plus additional risks linked with the high rate of diesel engine used here, ...). Anyway, I liked the argument, and for sure it's one that I can't use myself (you need a bag full of argument sometimes :grin2:)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Point noted as a possible excuse in July... :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
R&G tail tidy. The indicators are still not high enough when others are following me. They've suggested that the indicators/license plate needs to be attached under the tail.
Love the look of the tail tide now, won't be changing it to under the tail.
Note: When it rains, you'll get a wet ass!

Attachments

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Point noted as a possible excuse in July... :)
Noted, I'll come with my own bag of excuses (however may need some work on the translation) :)

R&G tail tidy. The indicators are still not high enough when others are following me. They've suggested that the indicators/license plate needs to be attached under the tail.
Love the look of the tail tide now, won't be changing it to under the tail.
Note: When it rains, you'll get a wet ass!
I'm not ready to change the architecture. And the rain maybe quite an issue in my case: usually, I do about 5-6 planned week-ends with friends per year, and generally, lucky how I am, 2 out of 3 are under heavy rains. And the last statement confirms I can't opt for this solution... Maybe I'm going to look for adaptables blinkers after all...

·
Registered
445 Posts
I moved them within the first 500 miles when I had the Rivale.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looked at all the options, and for the TV, I don't see moving the plate and blinkers to the top being an option.

Ultimately, If I change anything, I will go with the option similar as the one proposed by Gero in the post of R6ymy here : http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/129-maintenance-tech-issues-3-cyl-models/186625-tv-indicator-failure.html#post2050450
It seems the back plate where the indicators are fixed is manufactured by Rizoma and referenced FR418B (in case it is useful to someone else), and it comes with a wire adapter that should allow to connect any indicators with standard connections while enough long to be routed thru the plate holder.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
It seems the back plate where the indicators are fixed is manufactured by Rizoma and referenced FR418B (in case it is useful to someone else), and it comes with a wire adapter that should allow to connect any indicators with standard connections while enough long to be routed thru the plate holder.
Many thanks Marc, have been looking for something like that for quite some time. Even bought some aluminium strip to make up my own but guess the Rizoma part would be much neater and adjustable too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts