MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. So i purchased some oxford led indicators to remove the original rear indicators and move them to the top of the reg plate. The load rating must be different as i get a standard blink then a short blink and so on. I tried using the resistors supplied with the indicators and got no light at all. I think these are designed for conventional bulb replacement. Anyone changed theirs and what did you use?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Made multiple tries, ended by mounting Kellerman Micro Extreme indicators, which works perfectly at the right frequency. From the tries I made and information I collected, any indicator consuming more than 2.5 watts should work... You may search thru my posts, and find a list of references with successfull or unsuccessfull status...

Edit : you may look into here : TV/Stradale/Rivale/Dragster rear indicator original specs?

List of tries
  • Rizoma Action are given for 2 Watts. In my case one was hyper flashing while engine running, while the other one not.
  • Kellermann Rhombus are given for 1.4 watts: hyperflashing while engine was running, both
  • Gazzini COB LED: 9,9 W : no hyperflashing. They died at less than 200 km and 400 km. I got them reimbursed by Louis-Moto because of quality issue.
  • Rizoma Corsa is indicated by someone on this thread as not hyperflashing and is given for 1,4W. I saw a Dragster yesterday where it was hyperflashing.
  • Rizoma Vision is given for 3.4W: there is good chances it is above the treeshold, which seems to be around 2W for my led flasher unit.
  • Kellermann Micro 1000 Extreme (3W) : direct mount, no hyperflashing.
  • Kellermann Rhombus Extreme (3W) : direct mount, no hyperflashing (confirmed by Gero HH)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Jumping in: my left indicator has 3 LED's that stopped working. Is this easy to replace with the OEM equipment? I like the shape op the original indicators, I am not a fan of the aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Jumping in: my left indicator has 3 LED's that stopped working. Is this easy to replace with the OEM equipment? I like the shape op the original indicators, I am not a fan of the aftermarket ones.
Make sure you have the Workshop manual with you when doing it. The sequence to unmount will avoid you to loose 1 or 2 additionnal hours. Pay attention to avoid pinching the cables when you remount the whole thing. And if you want to make sure it is easier for next time, plan to have additional connexions behind the registration plate. Count 2 to 3 hours of work.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks Marc, good call on the extra connection!
Do I need to buy a new wiring loom as well, or can it be disconnected from the broken left indicator and connected to the new one?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Thanks Marc, good call on the extra connection!
Do I need to buy a new wiring loom as well, or can it be disconnected from the broken left indicator and connected to the new one?
Your call. I didn't bought any wiring looms. I bought connectors (Ducati - KTM turn signal connectors as an example. You may find those easily on ebay, or amazon as long as you search them with the right name "JST JWPF connector") and wires and made what is required on my own (so I can make sure about the polarity).

·
Registered
889 Posts
Okay, so that means cutting the wires where they enter the current indicator right?
I mounted after market ones, which are not the same. With teh OEM ones, the logical position is below the plate level, at the place where you get most of the spray when riding while it's raining. If you put teh connector right at the entrance of the wire in the indicator, it may be easy to connect and to change, but for waterproofing, it would remain a nightmare...

I must recognize I did not consider keeping the orignal design, because I needed them at the top of the plate level to increase the visibility while leading groups. You may have to think your own way :-D

·
Registered
49 Posts
I mounted after market ones, which are not the same. With teh OEM ones, the logical position is below the plate level, at the place where you get most of the spray when riding while it's raining. If you put teh connector right at the entrance of the wire in the indicator, it may be easy to connect and to change, but for waterproofing, it would remain a nightmare...

I must recognize I did not consider keeping the orignal design, because I needed them at the top of the plate level to increase the visibility while leading groups. You may have to think your own way :-D
Very clear, thanks!
I also had a few remarks from fellow motorcyclists saying that they had to get used to the position of the indicators when I am riding in front of them, but they all said that visibility is good once you know where to look ;)

·
Registered
889 Posts
Very clear, thanks!
I also had a few remarks from fellow motorcyclists saying that they had to get used to the position of the indicators when I am riding in front of them, but they all said that visibility is good once you know where to look ;)
Well. I saw multiple cases where one of the indicators where broken (not on my bike) due to the guy behind barking just slightly too late, as it takes time to notice the indicator down below the plate. Took a proactive action to up them. Almost cost nothing, and may save one indicator time to time (plus a little bit less spray under rain, which is another bonus)...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts