MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This started on my last ride. Had a quick search on the forum and don't think it's related to battery or clutch switch issues, as it works fine on upshifts. I've sprayed the strain gauge with WD40, done a factory reset, changed QS settings from up/down to off then back to up/down, but no luck. Will make an appointment with my dealer when they re-open after the holidays.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Another TV qs issue. I'm sorry to hear of your experience Neville. Do you have any engine warning lights on the dash? Does the qs stop working when the bike reaches a certain temperature?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No warning lights. Out for a ride last week, shifter was working happily both up and down, then just stopped working on downshifts a couple of minutes into the ride.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now fixed, defective pressure sensor replaced. Luckily my dealer had one in stock so sorted in one visit.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Dragster RR Q/S

So this issue has appeared on my Drag RR. Out on a rideout and for the first hour or so the Q/S is perfect as usual but then won't downshift and after a while stopped upshifting also. Switched off n on again and upshift worked fine but still no down.
So left it off for the rest of the rideout (3 or 4 hours I think) and just before getting home I switch it back on and it's working both ways again.
I did wash the bike yesterday so hoping it's just some moisture causing the issue so have sprayed the Q/S with some wd40 and functioned it a few times and we'll see how it goes.
If no joy then it's a trip to the dealer I suppose, nice wee 250km jaunt.

·
Registered
590 Posts
So after cleaning up the connections etc, out for a ride today and Q/S is fine for first 15-20 minutes then starts having issues downshifting. It will go once down but not more, if I shift up again it'll let me quickshift back down 1 gear but again no more. Up shifting works no problem at all.
Time to visit the dealer I think, first proper issue with the bike and I'm 5000km in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Jogort, do you have the problem sorted? I've got about the same issue with my B3rr. It's only downshifting and not up-shifting anymore.....

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My TV quickshifter has failed again. It stopped working after a weekend's riding in some dreadful weather over Easter. After a thorough cleaning of the bike and applying WD40 to the sensor unit and the plug under the tank, when everything was dried off a couple of days later it would work on upshifts but not down.
Out fir a ride today, was working on upshifts this morning, stopped for lunch, when re-started no quickshifter at all. It's frustrating that the plug and socket where for the shifter is right under the tank, otherwise I could test the switch.
My dealer has sent a tec request to the factory to se what they think could be causing this.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Hi jasperjtje, No I still have issues with my Quickshifter. The last time I was at my dealer they were having problems with their MV computer and since I have been away with work. I'll hopefully be going back next week to get it looked at.

r6ymy, that sounds exactly like the issues I'm having, my dealer wants to update the map to see if it makes any difference but I'm thinking it's more the sensor is gubbed due to water ingress.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Went to the dealer, turns out the QS sensor is broken and needs to be replaced completely. Unfortunately MV is not shipping any parts at the moment, so it can take a few months.....

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My quickshifter has failed again, that's the third switch untit I've had - this last one had silicone sealant applied where the wire enters the body and lasted for 5,000 miles.

·
Registered
590 Posts
That's a shame mate. I'm on my 2nd quickshifter, the first lasted about 10,000km. 2nd one is on just over 8000km so hopefully lasts longer. I think if it does go again then I'll be going aftermarket as my warranty is finished later this year :-O

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's what I'm thinking, but haven't found one yet that's compatible. Might see if I can get one more on warranty, and if I do I'll go with what I was going to do last time, encase it in a bit of bicycle inner tube with silicone and zip ties to seal around the linkage rods.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
That's what I'm thinking, but haven't found one yet that's compatible. Might see if I can get one more on warranty, and if I do I'll go with what I was going to do last time, encase it in a bit of bicycle inner tube with silicone and zip ties to seal around the linkage rods.
Cordona come to mind.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts