MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently broke one of my keys on my tvl, spoke to dealer about replacement and initially seemed easy to get a new one. Not the case. They wanted me to buy a full lock set $400 +install costs. Saw on this site that could also need a new dash as well!!??wt..... So I went to a number of locksmiths and came across Amalgamated Locksmiths. They gave me a new key that fits all locks and also connected with the dash with no issues. Great service and I fully recommend this company. Cost $99!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Recently broke one of my keys on my tvl, spoke to dealer about replacement and initially seemed easy to get a new one. Not the case. They wanted me to buy a full lock set $400 +install costs. Saw on this site that could also need a new dash as well!!??wt..... So I went to a number of locksmiths and came across Amalgamated Locksmiths. They gave me a new key that fits all locks and also connected with the dash with no issues. Great service and I fully recommend this company. Cost $99!

That’s great. I take it that ‘connected with the dash with no issues’ means there is no need to key in the passcode each time you try to start the bike with it? My third party locksmith made key is a PIA to use. Passcode is required every time. But it’s better than nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
449 Posts
Is the new key (chip code) a clone of the original (broken) key?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yes the data in the new key was cloned at the locksmith.
Cool, that means the imobi system does not use a rolling code.
That makes it easier to obtain duplicate keys; long as you have a key that will already start the bike.
And, is probably the reason the dealer said a lock set replacement was needed... but that doesn't sound proper either.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Teeps;
The Ace Hardware Store on Carson can cut and clone keys......

:grin2:
Good to know. They are not far from my house.

I went to ACE yesterday; they know nothing about motorcycle key for MV brand.
He did say it would cost $89 but did not want to gamble on getting the right key.

Noel, do you know what key blank is needed?

OR
Aus Mv do you know what key blank they used?

·
Registered
449 Posts
A cheap work around for a spare key is to obtain a plain key, to that end.

Ilco blank # X270 is a (non chipped) key blank that when cut to match a stock TV key will operate the lock set on the bike.
By entering the 4 digit bypass code the engine can then be started.

·
Registered
14,486 Posts
A cheap work around for a spare key is to obtain a plain key, to that end.

Ilco blank # X270 is a (non chipped) key blank that when cut to match a stock TV key will operate the lock set on the bike.
By entering the 4 digit bypass code the engine can then be started.
If you have the old broken key and the new non chipped key ......hold the old key next to the new one and it should start

Or go to Jim Hamilton......
MOTORCYCLE SCOOTER KEY VESPA PIAGGIO HONDA KAWASAKI YAMAHA HARLEY BMW DUCATI TRANSPONDER CHIP
207-230-4667`

One day turn around :grin2:

From my sticky on the Aprilia Forum 8 years ago

·
Registered
56 Posts
On this subject: I ocassionally get a dashboard message on my TVL about using the PIN code. This usually gets corrected when I turn the key off and then back on. It only happens with one of my two keys.

However, not wanting to be stuck somewhere in East Nowhere, I have had at least three conversations with the tech guys at the MV Agusta dealer where I purchased this bike. It was used. They have all repeatedly assured me that there was never a secret PIN code issued with this bike. It is a 2016.

Is this correct? If so, why even have that message appear? If not, how do you find whatever the PIN code was?

·
Registered
449 Posts
On this subject: I ocassionally get a dashboard message on my TVL about using the PIN code. This usually gets corrected when I turn the key off and then back on. It only happens with one of my two keys.

However, not wanting to be stuck somewhere in East Nowhere, I have had at least three conversations with the tech guys at the MV Agusta dealer where I purchased this bike. It was used. They have all repeatedly assured me that there was never a secret PIN code issued with this bike. It is a 2016.

Is this correct? If so, why even have that message appear? If not, how do you find whatever the PIN code was?
They are incorrect...
I bought a '16 Turismo earlier this year and it came with a card with the secret 4 digit pin code.
Try contacting the original owner; they probably have it in a folder tucked away and forgotten.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts