MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone taken the fuel tank of of a Turismo Veloce yet?

I am fitting a power supply for the Garmin Zumo 390 to my wife's bike.

Any tips or points to be aware of please?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Is this similar to the F3? I'm rather stuck at removing the fuel hose. When you remove the tank, there is a plastic nipple at 90 degrees that the hose is connected too. The nipple must be like 2 inches long because I'm having a really hard time getting the hose off. Is the nipple itself able to be removed from the tank?

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Well , yes and no Spark, not the same tank as the F3, but similar fitting.
You do NOT remove the hose from the fitting, read the Workshop manual dude, there's an fitting which you need to unclip, a expensive mistake to make.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanks Donsy. I actually did download the F3 workshop manuals already but it looks like I only downloaded the engine manual. I've got the chassis manual now.

I tried pulling the hose off somewhat of that plastic nipple but it never came off. The nipple flexed around a bit while I was working it, but at least to my own eye no major problems have occurred. The tank still has a bit of fuel in it and I set it back down on the frame in normal position and no leaks that I can tell. If I turn the ignition back on with the electrical connection to the pump connected again, will this be a good enough test to verify I haven't caused a fuel leak?

I appreciate your help on this Donsy, me being a new and eager owner and all. :) When I head back to the garage tonight I'll be sure to disconnect from the other end.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Squeeze the little green thing on the 90 degree connector but remember there's another one on the back that you can't see so you have squeeze it front and back if you see what I mean.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I have taken the tank off my B800 a good few times so know the basics its the TV is new to us and I want to hard wire in a Garmin Zumo sat nav power supply.

Bike is currently in the shop awaiting new LHS switch gear which has broken!

When I get it back I will do a photo record of whats involved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts