MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I noticed on my Display a deep scratch around 1inch long right in the middle of the screen. Has somebody an Idea how can I get rid of it or minimize the scratch professional ? Is there some "magic" creme or something to polish the Display ??

Has someone the same problem and knows how to fix it???

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've had the same thing, the screen is very soft plastic. I used some car scratch removal polish - two grades, first a swirl remover then a finer finishing polish. It's still there but far less noticeable.
I did have a couple of goes at fitting a screen protector by making a paper pattern then cutting one from an ipad protector, but couldn't get a fit I was happy with. Also, I chose an anti glare protector, and found it made the already less than crisp graphics look very fuzzy. I've decided to leave screen unprotected, and be very careful cleaning it.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Sorry to hear about your scratched dash Gero.

When researching a Multistrada, what I was looking at prior to the TV, I read that the screen was very sensitive to scratching. One of the guys on the UK Ducati forum made screen protectors specifically for various Ducati models.

When I changed track to the TV I had the same idea as Neville and bought an iPad screen protector. Like him I gave up as two attempts resulted in something I wasn't happy with. I've resigned myself to being very careful and only polish it with a clean microfiber cloth and a little spray of glass cleaner after washing the bike. No doubt it'll pick up some minor scratches over time though.

Might have another go at a DIY protector but buy a clear one rather than anti reflective this time.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I used an IPad screen protector. Just cut it to the main square shape of the screen. Not perfect but will protect the screen and easy to peel off if I ever sell it.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
To make applying the screen protector less cumbersome I might remove the dash if I have another attempt, easy enough so long as you don't turn on the ignition with it removed. Apparently you'd need to get a dealer to plug the bike into one of their laptops to put it right if you do turn it on without the dash connected to the bike.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the advices ... but I found a polish creme witch is phenomenal!! Before the Display was a little bit dull and a lot of little tiny scratches and of cores the big one!! I've used the creme on a microfiber cloth and it took around 3min and everything looks like brand new!! Crystal clear and shiny like a glas surface!! Wow unbelievable!!! I've took a photo but it is hard to see it on a pic!! Now the graphics is much crisper. The polish creme is specially designed for plastic and acrylic glass!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
That looks great Gero, well done.

I need to get some of that anyway as the headlights on our VW Golf really need a polish, looking pretty dull after 110,000 miles.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Any one able to translate the brand or give a substitute in australia ??

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Like Mick the only sources for the product I could find involved buying from Germany and paying quite a bit for postage. There are alternative products out there, search for 'Acrylic Polish', though I would rather use a tried and tested product. Some of the reviews of alternatives on Amazon aren't that favourable.

I don't know if the plastic used on the TV dash is treated in any way, anti-scratch or anti-glare, using a product such as this will remove such a coating so I see it as a last resort for once you have noticeable marks that you can't bare to live with.

Reactions: Adoligy
1 - 11 of 11 Posts