MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought my tv and I'm really having trouble connecting to the bluetooth as it doesn't seem to come up on any device also I can't get into the settings it just says press ok and does nothing anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Pascoe92, have you downloaded the MV Turismo Veloce app? If you have then then there is another thread in this section which describes how to get connected. Unfortunately I have not managed it yet with my Lusso and I am sure a lot of people are having difficulty with it.
To be honest I try it and give up and go out and ride. It would be nice to have it track some of the touring I have done, the random gems you come across in foreign countries.
Welcome and enjoy the bike!
Paul

·
Registered
99 Posts
When you say you cannot get into settings do you mean the settings menu or just the Bluetooth? Sometimes I have to keep the button pressed to get into settings. The Bluetooth is a bit hit and miss. I have got it connected to my ipod and phone but at times I have to reset the bluetooth on the MV to get it to connect. I think its a work in progress!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had the same problem myself today. Picked up my Lusso on Saturday from Moto Corsa, who incidentally, gave a very thorough handover. Excellent guys, be proud of yourselves. And we'll done Ed, your getting there. However, I'm pretty good when it comes to this stuff, but, on this occasion, it fails to link up. Tried it several times, had the bike see my iPhone, had the iPhone see my bike, but would they connect, would they bollocks. Gave up in the end and took the missus out on the back. That was a positive, she loves it, especially after a shed load of big adv tourers I though she might turn her nose up but no, has no issues to speak about. A little low speed stop and start traffic work, but other than that, understands that it prefers to be on the open road. Sod the Bluetooth to the bike, it's just a gimmic, who needs it anyway, not me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I just have up on it! Do you find that on low speeds it seems like the chain rattles I don't know if it's just me but sounds like it is

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Yeah I just have up on it! Do you find that on low speeds it seems like the chain rattles I don't know if it's just me but sounds like it is
Have yet to tinker with Bluetooth, no Android version of the app and all BT comms go via my Garmin Zumo and Sena U10 setup anyway.

I noticed the low speed noise early on and also not very rider friendly fueling at low revs. Ed Cosker's tech waved his magic wand over it when I mentioned the issue, said he reset the ECU, and there was, to me at least, a noticeable improvement. Maybe psychosomatic... Either I've gotten used to the noise or adapted my riding to suit but it's no longer there to my ear after 3000 miles.

·
Registered
521 Posts
The bluetooth on the TV Lusso is a BT Hub. So you should be able to connect all your BT Devices to the TV Hub and the Hub manage all of it. For an example: Your Headset, your Phone and your Navi is connected to the TV. If you want to hear music from your Phone while your driving the Hub will manage this. When the Navigation System will say something the Hub will interrupt the Phone and the message will send to the headset. You will be able to see on the screen who is calling, when a phone call is coming up... and so on. So that the theory!!!
The reality looks a bit different! BT has not just one Standard, so many different Devices has many different Standards. For example the TomTom Rider 400/410 can only connect to a (real) Headset not to the TV Hub as a headset! Therefor the BT Profil from the TomTom should be change or extended. And so on... I've tried to connect my headset, iPhone and my Navi to the Hub but unfortunately it won't work all together like it should be. If you just have a Phone and a headset you can both connect to the Hup and it will work in somehow. I use the SENA 10R Headset and they have a Hub as well. Even there you will have some problems to connect everything perfectly. And they should know was they do!! Or how to do.. So maybe one day there will be an update on the TV BT Hub but for now it is just a good try :)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
On my previous bike I ran an autocom system; worked really well, all bike powered, robust and modular. The TV lacks the space to fit it in so it went on eBay and I joined the modern age with a Bluetooth headset. Not quite as accomplished as the Autocom but not far off, fulfills all the functions of the former set-up reasonably well. No central hub as such as my Garmin Zumo combines nav, music and phone and in turn connects to my new headset. A Sena SR10 works well with a PMR radio for group bike to bike connecting to the 2nd headset channel. The bonus being full duplex bike to bike with my touring buddy who also uses a Sena headset. Downside is a need to charge every night, charge lasts a full days riding.

The only reason to use the bike's Bluetooth hub would be to connect a pillion headset so we could share music but as I tend not to ride with a pillion the feature is something of an irrelevance to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can connect my iPhone 7 running iOS 10.1 to my TVL. I can access all the phone functions on the TVL. So far so good......The TV+ app however is a sadder story. It just won't connect. Wondering if anyone else is having this problem and hopefully a solution. I'm wondering whether this is an issue with phone/iOS version....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Apologies for the resurrect, but is there some trick to connecting an iphone (7) to a TV? They see each other but I can't get them to pair for the life of me...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Its been a while since I managed to get mine to work with an Iphone 6 as it wasnt willing to connect despite many attempts , phone reboots resets etc. I think I did a dash reset and it connected ok after that. This may have been just luck, though its still a bit flaky in use with phone paired so much I don't use the MV dash to control the phone (use my Sena headset controls instead).

·
Registered
866 Posts
Hi,

I do not have a Lusso, but pairing itself is painful. For most of the headset, you initiate the pairing from the phone itself. In this case, It has to be initiated from the bike dashboard itself. Once you get this, it works. I can respond call or switch music on, front/backward from the handlebar itself. Adding a GPS soon (Garmin Zumo 390), and I'm curious to see if the GPS profile allows to do skip steps from the handlebar. I guess I'll be able to test soon...

·
Registered
866 Posts
What do you mean by this? Initiate the search on the bike for pairing before touching anything on the phone?
Yes. So basically (from my memory), it should be this:
  • open bluetooth settings on the phone to get it discoverable
  • open the bluetooth settings in the dashboard of the bike
  • search for devices from the bike
  • select the phone in the list
  • check what are the information and adjust name if needed
  • validate on the bike
  • it indicates then a number you'll have to enter on the phone
  • enter the number on the phone, and it's done
But that has to be quick, because it will fail if the phone goes idle and switch off screen...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks for the response. When you say adjust name, what do you mean by that?

My bike has never generated a 4-digit pairing code and the manual says nothing about that. At each attempted pairing, I just enter 0000 on my phone and say a quick prayer to Saint Christopher (patron saint of toothaches).....

·
Registered
866 Posts
Thanks for the response. When you say adjust name, what do you mean by that?

My bike has never generated a 4-digit pairing code and the manual says nothing about that. At each attempted pairing, I just enter 0000 on my phone and say a quick prayer to Saint Christopher (patron saint of toothaches).....
You may put whatever you want if ever you want a different name that the default (it may be useful when you have multiple devices for testing (like I do :grin2:)). If you just pair a phone, a gps and a headset, it maybe useless, because when you change phone, you just have to delete the existing one before pairing the new one (in my case, it is sometimes difficult to identify which one is what if I let the default name...).

·
Registered
77 Posts
You may put whatever you want if ever you want a different name that the default (it may be useful when you have multiple devices for testing (like I do :grin2:)). If you just pair a phone, a gps and a headset, it maybe useless, because when you change phone, you just have to delete the existing one before pairing the new one (in my case, it is sometimes difficult to identify which one is what if I let the default name...).
But the bike generates a 4-digit pairing code?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts