MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can deal with the fronts intergrated into the mirrors, but got to get rid of the rears ASAP. Has anyone tried the Pirates Lair LED"s.? They are a bit invovled wiring wise, but I can deal with that, it just seems to be that those LED's are a little funky, am I wrong? Also, the way they are double stick taped on the shroud, looks unstable. Has anyone tried something different? Like somehow attaching the stock housing/reflector (minus the lens) into that opening? Advis, thanks

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
Blinker

I put the integrated LED's with the brake lights and blinker in one and they are great! they are bright as hell and pretty simple to install, plus that have half the price. it cleans up the look of the bike big time! Just make sure to put the resistor in so they actually blink. Hope this helps

Attachments

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
if you bought the same clear ones that i have it should come with a resistor that you plug into the blinker on the left side undernieth the left side fairing. you just plug it in to take the place of the stock one. this is b/c the LED's need a different amount of power than the stock provides. it is a little black box with two male connectors. if you need me to send a pic i can do that for ya.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Greeneggs&ham said:
if you bought the same clear ones that i have it should come with a resistor that you plug into the blinker on the left side undernieth the left side fairing. you just plug it in to take the place of the stock one. this is b/c the LED's need a different amount of power than the stock provides. it is a little black box with two male connectors. if you need me to send a pic i can do that for ya.

You mean flasher. They supply a new flasher to take place of the old one. Reason being is that since the new tail/turn light assembly uses LEDs, they will not activate the stock flasher because they don't draw enough electrical current, but the new flasher unit takes less current to blink which is why it is supplied with the kit to replce the stock unit

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
turn sigs

...so I installed the clear one piece one...bitchin..a funny thing though, they forgot the new resistor and are sending me one but it blinked without it and yes, I had the lights and brakes on with it!!!maybe my Tambo doesn't need it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
drbeck said:
...so I installed the clear one piece one...bitchin..a funny thing though, they forgot the new resistor and are sending me one but it blinked without it and yes, I had the lights and brakes on with it!!!maybe my Tambo doesn't need it?
Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it :)

·
Registered
14,310 Posts
LED tail?

eduardo;
google Clear Alternatives tail lights

you can connect the turn indicators with 1 of the 2 ITT rubber connectors already in the harness

you need to cut 1 of the indicator hot wires and connect it to where the ground wire was in the other indicator connector
the indicators are grounded internally with the tail light and brake light
you can use both connectors but you will still need the connectors off the stock indicators

just watch the left/right connections because both wires are yellow

the Clear Alternatives tail lights come in red, blue, smoke and clear

the only thing on the back of my Brutale is the license plate and a hidden LED to light it :drummer:

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Check local legislation as indicators need to be a minimum of 6 inches apart, and these integrated lights don't comply in Australia.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Relocating turn signals

Lots of us have located the turn signals inside the tail piece so they shine out of the vent holes. Spacing is good and visibility is also good, specialy at night. There are many ways to skin a cat with some better than others. I have seen some good ways to mount the stock turn signals inside the tail piece right here on this forum.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I relocated mine to the vents using a lensed LED array designed as boat lighting.

From the side at night:

I thought I had pictures head on but the array is just barely recessed so, from behind to about 70 degrees you are looking directly into 2-3 LEDS in a parabolic reflector, its annoying at night. I also tied in a waterproof led strip mounted to the frame behind the vent as an additional side light. Regarding turns there is no angle that isn't covered by something as bright as the stock ones.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I thought I had pictures head on but the array is just barely recessed so, from behind to about 70 degrees you are looking directly into 2-3 LEDS in a parabolic reflector, its annoying at night. I also tied in a waterproof led strip mounted to the frame behind the vent as an additional side light. Regarding turns there is no angle that isn't covered by something as bright as the stock ones.
Can you give us some pics of the leds under the tail unit.
What did you use, got a link ?

Cheers
Adam

1 - 17 of 17 Posts