MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi -
new to the forums. just picked up a 2001 F4s 1+1 today. only 94 miles on the odometer... on the way home from the shop - the left turn signal stopped working in the front mirror, left rear only lights up but does not blink.

could this be that the front bulb is out? maybe a fuse?

looking thru the manual now... just curious if anybody has dealt with this before.

regards,
matt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NOMOEVO said:
Did you look at the bulb? Usually, you can see a burned out bulb.
just tried that :) the bulb appeared to be fine, but when i swapped the right to the left (which was not working), it worked. sorry for the post... im a newbie to this forum. u r correct - all i need is a new one for the right side front now.

thanks for the quick reply NOMOEVO...

matt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kamranmarashi said:
Did you have the dealer install after market tail lights?
no after market lights. :)
thanks for the post kamranmarashi, maybe we can go for a ride together since ur only in bellevue! just down the street...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
The mirrors are part of the whole electrical connection, where they connect to the fairing there are a series of contacts that hopefully mate up if correctly alighned...maybe yours has a) dirty contacts b) just not fully mated up...worth a try

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Mine is the F4 1000. Where the fairing supports attach to it's base there are electrical connections. There are two allen bolts holding these on. First make sure they are tight. If this is not it, loosen the bolts and re align the fairing then re tighten,. I did this with the suspect blinker on and could see it come on when tightening the bolt. If this doesn't work slide the fairing off and check contacts are clean and re install.
I remember on my F4 750 the electrical connections were up at the mirror base (not the fairing base as on the 1000), same thing though. What happens is the fairing comes loose in it's shipping crate and if your dealer is not switched on at pre delivery this is what happens.
I hope that works, it is all part of the enjoyment of ownership!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Although it sounds like you swapped bulbs and found a bad one the above advice is the usual culprit.

Regarding the bulb, it uses a wattage not commonly found in automotive shops and using the common automotive shop type bulb will cause the blinker to not work properly.

Buy the bulb from your dealer, wedge type and IIRC 10W MV bulb vs the 5W you can find in the automotive type stores.

·
Registered
878 Posts
insecureshell said:
no after market lights. :)
thanks for the post kamranmarashi, maybe we can go for a ride together since ur only in bellevue! just down the street...
Matt: I think it may be what Greg said, if all your lights are stock. Dave (service mgr @ Eastside) warned me about this too...by the way Dave is the go to guy around here for MV's.

I hang out at the Kahili coffee shop (Kirkland) in the evenings (either with my Duc or my MV), so if you are around, stop by. Sundays are typically my long motorcycle rides... let me klnow when you want to ride (I've been keeping the speed in the sane levels, since the cops have been targetting sport bikes lately...otherwise do track days).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts