MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so here's a weird problem... took my new 910R out for the first long spin... After 20-30 km I my turnsignal went on.. I tried to stop it but it just continued. I tried to set it on left and stop.. still blinking. Right and the stop. Finnaly stopped. After a while it started again and after som more km I had to take out the fuses to be able to ride safely.

Anyone come across this?

cheers, zeta

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Funny thing mine stoped working alltogether yesterday. So I pulled the fuse and it was fine. turned on the key and it was fine :silly: :wtf: It must have been a glitch. I checked the ground wire at the battary and it was tite. I do get those intermitten blinks at times that my dealor hurd nothing about :jerkoff: . I think someone said it is due to a defective modual (sp) :blah:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the issue has been resolved... how I don't know. When I washed the bike I tried to see if some wires wasn't grounded. Couldn't find any so I put back the fuses and now it works... I'll have it checked on my service that is due now :)

cheers zeta

·
Registered
354 Posts
Just had the same problem. Caught in heavy rain . When I stopped the engine and removed the key the left indicator remained on with a sort of ghost flashing. Not fully bright. Removed battery terminal . When I reconnected terminal it was ok . Hope this is not a forthcomming problem , three days ago the engine was still trying to run when I turned the ignition off. Going in for 30k service before another 4k trip in two weeks. Any idea's guys ? Don't think the shop will be of any help here, they seem pretty vague down here on MV's.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Guys,
I've had similar problems on my other Italian bikes. One time was due to getting caught in the rain and the other just seemed to be moisture from the humidty. It caused the turn signals to flash occaisionally when I didn't ask it to, and then they wouldn't work when I wanted. I solved the problem by taking the switch contols apart, cleaning the contacts well and applying dielectric grease on the whole electrical surface. I also used the dielectric grease in the joints (edge of the two halves) of the switch controls when reasembleing them to serve as a bit of a water proofing. They have been great since, including through more rain and washings. I suspect it will become an annual winter preventative maintenance chore for the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts