MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing integrated turn signal/tail light. Had to chop off the connector for the tail light and solder it together, no biggie. Function checked and all gtg.

Move on the the turn signals. I try the left, it momentarily lights then I hear a small pop and now I have no turn indicators at all, not even the dash light comes on. Checked fuse #3. Looks fine. Stock licence plate light still works.

WTF did I do.

And why can't these fucking companies just make true plug and play stuff? :|

Thanks guys. I fail at garaging and wrench turning.

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
Sounds to me like you wired power directly to ground.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why did you chop off the connector

Because the White lights one didn't come with a compatible connector. :frown2:

Sounds to me like you wired power directly to ground.

Possibly, I'm not sure. How do I check/fix this?

Everything else appears to work except the turn signals, and the #3 fuse looks good.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Because the White lights one didn't come with a compatible connector. :frown2:

Possibly, I'm not sure. How do I check/fix this?

Everything else appears to work except the turn signals, and the #3 fuse looks good.
There is a circuit board in the White Lights unit. You may have trashed it. Send an email to White Lights to see what they recommend.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is a circuit board in the White Lights unit. You may have trashed it. Send an email to White Lights to see what they recommend.

The turn signals in general do not work. No green light on the gauge display, no front turn signals either. Wish it was that simple.

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
The turn signals in general do not work. No green light on the gauge display, no front turn signals either. Wish it was that simple.
What are you using for a wiring diagram to determine the fuse number?

I only have the manuals for 2014 F3 bikes and both of those show fuse F6 is the "intermittency" .... which is the turn signal circuit.

Checking fuses should be done with a continuity meter.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
if it is similar to the unit I installed on my F4 it has one wire for each signal with ground being provided through the housing of the new unit. I can only guess that by cutting the plug off you have not provided a ground to the signals. Without pictures it is just a guess.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok so a little update. Now that I've had some rest and a clear head. I've worked a lot this week.

1) Brake light "superconnector" on the MV harness does not mate with the white lights unit. Hence cut/solder. 100% function. Heat wrapped the solder too.

2) I, like an asshole, jammed the single turn signal wire from the white lights unit (grounded by unit itself as stated above) into the wrong terminal of the MV harness to test it in my impatience to see it light up. POP. Fuse goes. I refer to manual for fuse diagram. Manual says refer to the leaflet. Jesus really MV? I look. Shits all in Italian. Whoops. I read "luze de pocizione" (Fuse 3) as turn signal. Fuse 3 is 100% still. Hence my panic post saying wtf did I do.
It was fuse 6. Replaced, used the resistor from Rizoma and put the single white lights wire in the correct receptacle on the resistor wire.

Tada! We have pretty turn signals and a less stressed me.

Thank you all for your help and bearing with me :D
I will update with pics after it's all done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts