MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I bought Rizoma turn signals and all the requisite goodies to change the minuscule one-off (?) signals which were on my Brute when I bought her and lo-and behold the MV wire adapter kit Rizoma sells has a rectangular connector end... not the circular plug style which I included a pic of- Which btw I borrowed from a different thread.

Question is :

Did Rizoma screw up... Did the p.o cut/splice connectors altogether and the round plug style is not OEM...Or do I need to cut/splice and solder the connectors??

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'll admit to not knowing for sure on other years, but on my 2008 910r, the OEM connectors are round as shown in the photo.

I've been thinking about Rizoma's for a while, so I'll be curious as to how your install goes...

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Rizoma got it wrong.

I bought Rizoma turn signals and all the requisite goodies to change the minuscule one-off (?) signals which were on my Brute when I bought her and lo-and behold the MV wire adapter kit Rizoma sells has a rectangular connector end... not the circular plug style which I included a pic of- Which btw I borrowed from a different thread.

Question is :

Did Rizoma screw up... Did the p.o cut/splice connectors altogether and the round plug style is not OEM...Or do I need to cut/splice and solder the connectors??
Some info here.

·
Super Moderator
22,620 Posts
Matt, when I did my Rizoma installation, I started here:

DSCN5884r.jpg

It is simple to do a butt splice after cutting off the spade clips....

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
Rizoma does not do bike specific connectors. I have installed many sets and I have always had to cut and splice

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So It look like i'll be doing some cut/splice/solder-ing despite Rizoma peddling "kits" they claim are for various mfgrs... 'Cuz what I looked up and was ultimately sold.. Won't work.

I've always been leery of cutting wires but it shouldn't be too difficult..

·
Registered
249 Posts
The wiring kit that Rizoma supply for your Brutale is listed as the same kit that i have just ordered for my F3. I know of someone that has used it on the F3 without a problem.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
... Possibly the connectors were wonky for 2009. The connector kit I have ( as recommended by Rizoma) has rectangular 4 pin plugs... Weird

·
Super Moderator
22,620 Posts
I've got to look Dons....the 1090 and the 312 are still in the trailer.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,620 Posts
It's going to rain 2 inches tonight.

·
Super Moderator
22,620 Posts
...I dunno really, I learnt it in the Prison's electrical work release program....:humpother

1 - 15 of 15 Posts