MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the start of my last trackday the turn indicator light (green) was flashing quickly.
Since I stripped it for the track I have no indicators; no issues before and unused connectors are all sealed.

In the 4th session of the day I suddenly lost power; the orange warning light came up and I saw a message 'Coil #3' on the dash.
It felt like the bike was running on 2 cilinders and I thought this was the thing I fear the most with my F3 800, dropping a valve...
Pulled the clutch and freewheeled to the side of the track and shut it off.

I did not start it since then and today I stripped the bike to check the valves; inlets seem OK and the valvetrain too.
If I put ignition on now I don't get a failure message or orange light on the dash; the green indicator light is still flashing.
Checked the spark plugs and all seem OK; just like the top plug coils (3,8kOhm like in manual)

Does anyone know what can cause the turn indicator light (green) to flash quickly?
And the coil #3 message?

I cannot find anything about this in the manuals.

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
22,324 Posts
Well, if you hit the turn indicator button with no indicators hooked up, the "intermittency" will flash quickly...try resetting your turn signal indicator.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was indeed the indicator that was on, thanks.
I thought it had something to do with the coil error...

Rebuilt the bike tonight; there is no message on the dash.
Going to try to start it tomorrow to see if it runs.

·
Super Moderator
22,324 Posts
I like the simple fixes...:crazyeyes

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the simple fixes...:crazyeyes
Me too, thanks :laugh:

I found a topic on the forum where someone said a faulty fuse could cause the coil issue.
Replaced the #1 fuse for the coils and the bike fired up normal again.
I hope it was only a strange hickup.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I’m getting a coil 2 message. It comes and goes rapidly within a blink of an eye. Wonder if a fuse is causing it. But why would the message only come on during stops n low revs

·
Super Moderator
22,324 Posts
Loose connection that doesn't like vibes?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts