MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi lads im loving my recent purchase 16 Turismo but have a question, my bike makes a funny noise whilst parked and turned off.It lasts for about 3-4 seconds then stops, it could do it again in another 10 minutes or more.Strange

·
Administrator
19,807 Posts
What Anamorphic said..... fuel tank pressure venting is probable source. Squeaking or whistling sound?

You might open the gas cap and have a look at the little rubber seal between the cap and tank. Make sure it's not deformed or dislodged.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Mine makes the whistle sound very often while off. I thought it was the Olin shocks. Sounds like she is talking to me.. I like it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
What you are probably hearing is the twoway evaporative emissions valve.
Designed to let fumes out to the charcoal canister and vent atmosphere back in so fuel can flow out.

I hear a faint mooing sound from the bike when parked after a ride.
Opening the gas cap stops the sound.

Close the cap then after a few minutes the mooing is back.

·
Super Moderator
22,314 Posts
Turismoo Veloce?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
What you are probably hearing is the twoway evaporative emissions valve.
Designed to let fumes out to the charcoal canister and vent atmosphere back in so fuel can flow out.

MY16 models, certainly the European ones anyway, don't have the evap can. This was only included MY17 onwards.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah its a funny noise but if thats the fuel venting then its ok, even the cat turned around last night and looked over at the bike when he heard the noise.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That I will agree with, its time for another lovely long spin on my MV.I see all the names of your bikes esq I must continue naming mine.I haven't really picked a name for this one yet

1 - 10 of 10 Posts