MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine who currently rides a 09 Yamaha TDM900 is on the hunt for a new bike. He has test ridden a good variety of stuff and always writes a very eloquent review of each one he has tried. So far a couple of Triumph models, a selection of BMW GS bikes, a KTM and last but not least a MV Turismo. He seemed to really enjoy the MV, but I think he will wind up going for a Triumph

His review is here and gives a interesting insight of normal rider rather than a journo

http://bikemeet.net/index.php?topic=8012.0

Apologies to the mods for the link, but I think it is a good post for the Turismo owners

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have almost 6K miles on an XRx, am looking to add the Turismo as a second bike. If he wants my experience with the XRx, point him my way (plus I had an '08 GS for about 6 years). The Turismo interests me because it seems to be a bit more towards the sport side of things and...well...it's Italian :D. The XRx is a very good bike, and for a shorter rider it works well. In my case I'm 6'1" and I ended up getting a *higher* saddle to give me more legroom. Interested to see how the Turismo fits me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If he is thinking about going for the MV the lower suspension option does cause issues with the sidestand. The MV site does list a lower seat option (not very low though!).

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
He blamed it on a Classical eduction, which is odd as he is from Gloucestershire...

His words...

Haha! The curse of a classical education..... Did I spell MV correctly?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had a look at some of the other stuff on the bikemeet site....enjoyed the pics of your run through France
Thanks, there are a lot of good trip reviews in the biking abroad section. It is a long established but some forum, fairly quiet these days, but there is a lot of good content on there in the various sections from a lot of folks over the years.

I will post on here about my adventures on my 1090. I hope to do a trip to Germany on it in 2016

1 - 11 of 11 Posts