MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like a RC Turismo is on the cards. From the bit of bike shown looks like a different colour scheme, seat looks red and black. Not sure on what else will be included.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Looks like a RC Turismo is on the cards. From the bit of bike shown looks like a different colour scheme, seat looks red and black. Not sure on what else will be included.

Probably the smallest piece of carbon fibre or anodised aluminium they think they can get away with and a plaque reading "001-250 (or how ever many we can shift)" ;)

·
2,155 Posts
Well.............there is a "version" here are couple of pics :jsm:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::jsm::jsm::jsm:

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
at the risk of upsetting some people, does anyone else feel that this sort of thing only detracts from the brand? It definitely does no favours for the "RC" tag.......but then again I guess the F3 was no better

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
at the risk of upsetting some people, does anyone else feel that this sort of thing only detracts from the brand? It definitely does no favours for the "RC" tag.......but then again I guess the F3 was no better
Not offended and I agree. However, if there's the market for it then what's to stop them milking those members of the buying public no matter the relevance of the paint-job to the model.

The MTS Pikes Peak has more credence and adds value through different/better components albeit at a significant price hike.

Wondering if the cable actuated clutch is seen as an added value improvement? Presume that it's a recycled prototype in new clothes, either that or a Photoshop job on some early photos...

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Personally I think it stinks of desperation, but then these are desperate times for MV so needs must I guess and if there are existing owners queueing to trade their bikes in to pay a premium for one the same but with a paint job then that's their call.

Reminds me of Suzuki's Alstaire Corona GSXR limited edition, they made so many that the classic blue and white ones are actually worth more money now :D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I just think a race rep paint job should be on a race rep. Doesn't look right otherwise.

·
Registered
431 Posts
The MTS Pikes Peak has more credence and adds value through different/better components albeit at a significant price hike.

I think there is a significant price hike compared to the lusso so I hope they have some special bling to justify the hike and not just a paint job, should have called it the tri colour as written on the fairing or maybe even an Italia but not an RC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
Looks ridiculous to me. A race rep tourer?
It definitely does no favours for the "RC" tag.......but then again I guess the F3 was no better
I don't have a problem with the F3, I know it's only a paint job, but it does look beautiful and they are at least racing the 675 with a degree of success.

·
Super Moderator
22,463 Posts
Aside from speculation...does anyone actually know the specs?

·
Registered
542 Posts
And cost more - Euro4 MVs are having a substantial increase

·
Registered
90 Posts
Depressed turismo owner

Got myself really excited about a new limited edition of the turismo. I am one of the guys who would pay a premium for the #x of y versions. BUT a paint job? We need to wait and see the spec but..... For me it's simple. The turismo was brought out as a sports tourer, I would settle for the top box promised when I bought my bike. Right now despite being an MV nut, I am forced to look at an MTS to get the tourer I need to take the other half on on longer trips. DEPRESSED!

·
Registered
59 Posts
The paint and decals seem busy to me and detract from the lines of the bike, but if the specs were available and indicated something special maybe I'd feel different about it. An RC version of each model is interesting as long as they are truley specical. Nothing wrong with MV trying to sell as few more motorcycles.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was told the 2017 models were having black engines,

I'm not against having different colour schemes for limited editions, in fact I think its a good idea to bring new buyers into the fold,

I still think the red is the nicest one though :lightning

1 - 20 of 48 Posts