MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know where is the best places to hang the auxiliary light, so I just hang it under the sliders. Anyone has any ideas for sharing, I am highly appreciate.

10w each

Not so bright, I can save some juice for BS battery and turn on all time, without need dimmer.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I don't know where is the best places to hang the auxiliary light, so I just hang it under the sliders. Anyone has any ideas for sharing, I am highly appreciate.

10w each

Not so bright, I can save some juice for BS battery and turn on all time, without need dimmer.
Interesting, although I'm not sure I will implement auxiliary lights on mine. As matter of fact, once properly set, the lights are more than decent (the original setting was way far too low).

·
Registered
886 Posts
Is the OP aware of the high/low adapter? Not sure if 2017 models have this now fitted as standard?
I'm not sure. Last time I went to my dealer, he was still having some 2015 inventory. I will be there tomorrow and there is chance I can check this. But for sure, models delivered before July 2015 don't have it.

Further, the optic seemed to delivered set too low. At 10 meter, the top of the light spot should be at 9/10 of the height of the center of the optic (there is a mark on the glass). It was 3/10 when I checked. That combined with the non upgraded wire harness made it a nightmare to ride during the first weeks (till I got the update applied). Once the update was applied it became acceptable. Set properly, I would say it is decent. Over the next two weekends, I should be in situation to confirm if I need auxiliary lights or not (as I am definitely likely to do some night rides)...

·
Registered
886 Posts
I'm not sure. Last time I went to my dealer, he was still having some 2015 inventory. I will be there tomorrow and there is chance I can check this. But for sure, models delivered before July 2015 don't have it.

Further, the optic seemed to delivered set too low. At 10 meter, the top of the light spot should be at 9/10 of the height of the center of the optic (there is a mark on the glass). It was 3/10 when I checked. That combined with the non upgraded wire harness made it a nightmare to ride during the first weeks (till I got the update applied). Once the update was applied it became acceptable. Set properly, I would say it is decent. Over the next two weekends, I should be in situation to confirm if I need auxiliary lights or not (as I am definitely likely to do some night rides)...
Asked my dealer, as his personal bike is now a 2017 TV. He do not ride by night, and as a result he did not noticed anything. Also he confirmed he never touched the optical settings on mine before. The bike got delivered the way I found it when I started to set it.
As per the manual, it says 9/10 of the height of the optic center at 10 meters. It was about 2/10 when I checked. Once set it becomes decent. In fine, to anyone considering addition of auxiliary lights, I would suggest first to set the light properly...

Reactions: silentservice703

·
Registered
886 Posts
Asked my dealer, as his personal bike is now a 2017 TV. He do not ride by night, and as a result he did not noticed anything. Also he confirmed he never touched the optical settings on mine before. The bike got delivered the way I found it when I started to set it.
As per the manual, it says 9/10 of the height of the optic center at 10 meters. It was about 2/10 when I checked. Once set it becomes decent. In fine, to anyone considering addition of auxiliary lights, I would suggest first to set the light properly...
Having said that, even with lights properly set, a large spread of light in short distance would definitely improve the lighting in curve. I've ride by night with no moon recently, and if the lighting is decent enough for liaison rides, when you are on curvy and small road, it could be definitely better. I'm now considering fog auxiliary lights for this reason. If you don't go thru curvy roads at night, not sure it makes sense to add auxiliary lights unless you want to enlarge visually your bike for security reason (enhance visibility to be seen by other drivers).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts