MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought this might interest some of you. Finally took the Brute in for some tuning. I've had the BMC filter and the Arrow stubby for a while and felt something was off. Took the bike in to have Mr. Ferracci do a custom eprom. Try to attch to this post otherwise the results page is in my album. Basically had a gain of about 6.5 on the torque and almost 12 additional ponies. All in all I'm very happy with the results, the bike feels much better now. Throttle smoothed out a bit as well.

Only issue is I sometimes come close to stalling when I try to slowly and smoothly accelerate from a stop. Not sure if I'm not timing the clutch/throttle right (never an issue prior to the tune) or if something is a bit off. Otherwise, well worth the $$'s.

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
I also had my 910R tuned (race exhaust and FBF mid pipe) at FBF. I had no issues when i rolled out of Fast By Ferracci, but yesterday, my bike was also stalling right out of a full stop, when accelerating. I also installed Cluth/Brake levers from Emoto, so i thought maybe i had to adjust the way i twist the throttle because the clutch lever is a bit diffrent from stock(seems like less play).I only put a few miles on last night. So i am not sure if it was just a fluke, or if there is a problem. She never stalled before the service.

·
Registered
349 Posts
By the way, i believe you have my 910R beat by 6 ponies, Nice tune Up !

·
Registered
803 Posts
WOW, those are the highest numbers I've ever seen for an 910S!

·
Registered
233 Posts
the stalling is most likely an electrical glitch. a lot of people experience it (but not everyone).

·
Registered
803 Posts
MV's are VERY sensitive to TPS settings and CO% at idle. My Brutale's TPS drifts over time and will cause stalling even though the TPS is still within "spec". I.E. 150mV at fully closed and 355 to 413mV at idle for a 910.

I find that my bike's idle is rock solid when idle is set at 390-414mV but will get very "labored" and "lumpy" below that. When the idle get's unstable it's more prone to stalling.

ridesideways said:
the stalling is most likely an electrical glitch. a lot of people experience it (but not everyone).

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hey demonbike,

Does this dyno map include a PowerCommander?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no Power Commander, Ferracci says better results obtained from eprom. I would have spent the money but I'll take the $150 savings and the results.

The stall thing I'm still workin on. Short ride just now, no problems. Have to see this weekend when I can get out for a bit.. Thanks to all you guys who have posted suggestions, hopefully get it figured out soon.

·
Registered
515 Posts
How do you like the stubby exhaust? I'm surprised he did not do a power commander. Ferracci reflashed my ECU for the stalling problem. Now it does not stall. Did they tell you why the eprom was better than going with a power commander?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Like I said, I was willing to shell out for the PC, I asked for it. When they called to tell me they were finished he gave me the numbers and said they did the eprom instead. The only explanation I got was that they get better results with the eprom vs the PC when they have the bike there to do it. I'm not technical enough to go any deeper than that. Plus I gotta figure that Mr. F knows MV's and would do what gets the best results.
Personally, I love the Stubby. Sounds great and I like the look, though I do like the stock look also.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Great numbers!! If you don't mind what did it cost? I would call them about the new stalling issue as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Eprom was approx. $150 and the dyno tune was about $250. Sorry, can't find the receipt but that is pretty close.
Also, had to leave the bike for a few days.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
What ever. I posted what I was given. So your accusing Ferracci of giving bogus numbers. That's cool, your opinion. They made no promises or claims as to what to expect when I dropped the bike off. Maybe instead of accusing them of something, a convo with Mr. F would be beneficial. Might answer your question(s) about how he dynos the bikes he works on and the numbers he gets.
All I can say is, the bike feels better/faster seat of the pants. I'm sure there are many factors that affect results and no two bikes may be the same.
All in all I have been extremely satisfied from day one with the folks at Ferracci from sales to parts to sevice and now with the tuning.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've always heard that all dynos read differently and the important thing is to use the same one for a baseline and for subsequent tunng runs. Your tuning changes show nice improvement across the RPM range. That's what is important... not what the #s are compared to someone else's dyno.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I dont' think anyone is accusing Ferracci of giving you bogus numbers. Numbers are just that - numbers. If an individual merely wants higher numbers it may be as simple as using a different dyno. Some are more, uh, *optimistic* than others.

And there are many different types of dynos. They have their advantages and shortcomings. Here's one interesting read. Although it's primarily about Hyosung bikes, there is an informative sidebar.

article with sidebar on dynos

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
DemonBike said:
no Power Commander, Ferracci says better results obtained from eprom. I would have spent the money but I'll take the $150 savings and the results.

The stall thing I'm still workin on. Short ride just now, no problems. Have to see this weekend when I can get out for a bit.. Thanks to all you guys who have posted suggestions, hopefully get it figured out soon.
I had my done by eprom as well, but would prefer a add on box next time.
As there are to many variables which would require a full retune.
i.e. TPS sensor needs replaced some need full retune, pcIII lets corret you just the base setting by your own laptop if you want.
Also different mappings would be possible from your own laptop. i.e. open or standard pipes for road or ciruit use.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts