MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instead of using a piggyback system to alter the fuelling of a bike the Tuneboy product directly alters the ECU program. I've used it in the past on Triumphs, a KTM Superduke and a Ducati Streetfighter. The tune worked really well and addressed all of the issues that owners generally complained about.

According to the Tuneboy website their products allow you to modify the ignition map, fuel trim table and air fuel targets used in the ECU. You can change the rev limit, thermo fan settings, engine idle speed and modify when the ECU uses the O2 sensor. Plus loads of other stuff, most of which I don't understand. I do know that when I ran their tune my other bike were sweet as.

MV Agusta is not currently listed as a supported manufacturer on the Tuneboy website. I have a 1090rr and was wondering if there was a similar product available for my MV. Can you let me know please.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
MV ecus do not seem to be writable in the same way that the triumph ecus are for reflashing. There is a replacement ecu called the Microtec which is a plug and play system available from Xbikes. What you are getting is a very powerful motorsports ecu which is completely mapable and has an impressive amount of expanded features vs just about anything else I've seen on the market for MVs. I am not sure if they currently are making a unit for the 1090RR, but they have made some progress with the 2010+ F4 models so I am sure it is in the works if it is not currently available.

·
Super Moderator
22,639 Posts
Funny, I had my 5SM ECU directly tuned by a local shop. Where are you?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured that a reflash of the standard ECU must be possible.
I'm in Sydney, Austrailia.

Does anyone know the make and version of chip used. With this info I could ask Tuneboy, an Aussie business, if they have any experience with reflashing this type of chip. There's sure to be demand for tunes if they made them available.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Get in touch with Spiro, user name spypyp on here. He is in Sydney as well.

He mentioned a while back that he knows of a way to tune the 5SM ECU, have a chat with him. He is very friendly and helpful.

Mat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts