MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought i would post up this fault that happen to my 2011 F4RR

I had just fitted up my new Bodis slip ons and was taking it out for a test ride, all was good the sound from these pipes was great then it happened .

While riding along the dash just went blank like it was switched off and the red security light came on i then pulled over switched it off to reset the dash but with nothing coming on.

Checked the fuses and found that it had blown the F1 fuse I then got a mate getec(Glenn ) to trailer it home for me so i could start to remove fairings etc to locate the fault.

I then removed blown fuse and replaced it but as soon as the key was turned on it blew the fuse again, i then removed the battery terminal to try to reset it that way or to see what would happen and the dash came back on with the fault (STOP TSS SOLENOID FAULT )

Restarted the motor it then ran fine till i took it for another test ride same thing happened again this time got it back home then turned it off.

So have ordered new solenoid and will let you know if this will fix the fault as all wiring and hoses looked good.

would be good to see if any body else has had this fault???

I had another mate had the same thing happen to his two days after mine & his was a 2011 F4.

Regards Scott

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can't understand as there has been 70 views but no one else has had any faults with theirs, you must be lucky looks like it has only happened to two 2011 models still waiting on the solenoid will give you an update once i get it.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Scottie, can you run the bike with the TSS plug disconnected? The TSS only engages when the revs hits above 10k rpm. At least if it happens again you can still ride your bike home?

·
Administrator
19,817 Posts
Under warranty??

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah mate i can't wait to get back on it again:f4:, and i hope this thread will help them if & when it happens:bawling:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it dose happen to any one when the dash blacks out do not turn it off or you will be towing it home, No warranty bike is two years old and out of warranty & you cannot run without it johnny you can get home with it gone but as long as you dont turn it off.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is what happens when you disconnect the plug you have no speedo and this comes up and will not go out

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi Scott,
About 20 miles ago I had my Bodis exhaust replaced with the original. Picked the bike up from my local MV Agusta garage and after 8 miles, I had exactly the same issue. The dash switched off and there was only the flashing light on at the top of the dash. As there was no different sound from the engine I let it run just so to get me home. When I switched it off, it wouldn't start. I replaced the fuse and I got the same message as in the picture above. I did not try to start the engine so not sure if it would start.
Need to speak to the dealer tomorrow to see whether they recommend me riding the bike to them or have it taken there.
So there problem shared is a problem halved.
Regads,
Chris

·
Super Moderator
22,317 Posts
Except that problem was nearly three years ago....

Welcome, Chris.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi Scott, can you confirm which is the part you purchased? Is it this one:8000A3869: VALVE, SOLENOID, TSS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts