MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've followed the directions to the letter, to the spirit, and not at all, and I still cannot get the pillion seat to completely release. The key releases the lock but the seat moves less than an inch and catches on something else; I don't want to break anything but even using considerable force fails to release the seat.

I need to release the pillion seat to release the pilot seat to hook up my heated clothing. BTW, the 12V power supply is only rated for 2amps, my jacket liner and gloves need about 9 amps and use a 15amp fuse, hence my need to access the battery.

This bike is a blast to ride, so I want to keep riding through the winter.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've found that if you turn the key all the way, it binds the seat up. If you only turn it part way, the seat will come off. I think what's probably happening is that the catch in the pin on the actual seat is hitting part of the lock in the bike. Not turning the lock all the way, keeps the moving locking component in the bike out enough to stop the pin on the seat grabbing the lock I think. I'll have a look at mine now and see if I can figure out what's going on.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mine is a three handed job - turn the key all the way, push on the raised pad at the front of the seat towards the back of the bike, pull up on rear of seat to release.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EvilSteve, I wasn't successful partially turning the key, but r6ymy, a slight modification of your procedure works for me.

A buddy and I found if we turn the key fully to release the seat, release the pressure on the key, then smack the MV logo at the front of the seat with the heel of the left hand while gently lifting the trailing edge with the right the seat pops off.

So, another "tool" in the personal toolbox.

BTW, I hooked up my Gordon's heated jacket liner and gloves set the controller as high as it would go, and at idle, the voltmeter shows slightly more than 14 volts at the battery. Excellent!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts