MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you Trumpy fans....

Today at the Paris Motorcycle Show Triumph announced a new strategic partnership with Stefano Caracchi, owner of Team Scuderia SC.

Scuderia have formed an alliance with Triumph to campaign the Triumph Daytona 675 in the 2008 World Supersport Championship. The company first foray into World Championship level racing since the company was re-established in Hinckley.

The team will be based in Bologna and will field two riders in World Supersport and two riders in the European Superstock 600 Series. The riders have yet to be confirmed but are expected to be a mix of British and Italian talent.

Triumph’s Product Manager, Simon Warburton, said: “This is a really exciting opportunity for Triumph and the factory is behind the team 100%. The Daytona 675 has won many awards since its launch and participating in the Supersport World Championship will further raise the profile of this fantastic bike and Triumph’s profile in general.”

Stefano Caracchi, addressing the press during the announcement, commented: “The Supersport and Superstock 600 are very competitive and hard categories, but we are very confident in the potential of the Daytona 675. Our team has contested the World Superbike Championship ever since the first series and we have a highly talented and experienced technical staff managed by Franco Farnè to develop the Daytona to meet this new challenge. Triumph has welcomed our project with enthusiasm, and we will repay their confidence. Triumph is a legend for every motorsport fan, and Team SC is proud to become a small part of this long and fascinating history. Good luck to Team Triumph-SC!”

:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
this is great news!!! triumphs 675 is a really fantastic bike and has been doing well in bss in the hands of paul young.......... and would do better if someone could inject some money into the project. but the question has to be asked why with the carrachi team and not youngy? he is the one who has spent the last 2 yrs developing the trumpet for the track, will triumph now give youngys team some help ? i hope so. i just hope that triumph havent left it too late they really should have committed to racing years ago because with the 675 they would have had a brilliantly competetive package, maybe its too late now or maybe there is some significant updates to the triumph being planned i hope so ...............

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
this is neat....

so a 3-cylinder can be 675? (dunno what the rule is...?)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Mc Coy fifth on the little Triumph in the 1 official test day in PI !
I don't know who the second rider is, do you know if kenny was chosen over Paul Young?

In all cases well done Triumph, being a triple fan for years I'm so happy this engine configuration can perform so well.
In fact, I adjusted the valve clearance on a friend's 675 over the week end, this engine is a piece of art and the EFI the most advanced I've worked on ! don't even need a separate tool to balance the throttle bodies as the depression values are given directly by the ECU thru an barometric pressure sensor picking up the intake depressions...brilliant system

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes Gary McCoy (ex MotoGP) is lead rider, I believe the second rider is another Aussie, a young guy named Mark Atchinson.
"Atcho" had his world debut last year in the world Superstock on a GSXR1000 and had a few wins and was in title contention before a few falls.
Atcho also had some great seasons down here on supersports and is very proffessional and committed.
Triumph have two very good riders. An "old" wily fox, tough as nails and can ride anything, and a young gun on a mission.
They will do well.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Thats really great news. Triumph 675 is a great bike and I hope they do well. When we speak of MV Agusta and Triumph motorcycles, both come from a great heritage in motorcycle history. Both of course have evolved and no longer owned by the Count/Meriden, but their great names go on and the bikes they are building are world class!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts