MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone clarify the part # for the female METAL fitting from triumph?

I already replaced the Male fittings a while back. Also are they both the same size/part? and why is one of the Original ones white and the other black?

Also, will there be any issues in removing the OE plastic one?(since one of mine is leaking fuel) I read on the triumph forum about the plastic getting stuck in the threads.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not sure of the Triumph part # but one is black and one is white as it shows fuel in and fuel out.
I did mine a month or two ago and yes I got the plastic ones broken off and stuck in the threads of the pump casting, I used a small pick to get them out, it took for bloody ages, you may be able to strip the casting down of all its components and use a bit of heat to get the fittings out, some one on this board will know?
Are you sure the Triumph parts are a straight swap?, it has been shown that some male fittings do not open fully with other female fittings and will starve the injectors of fuel.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Can anyone clarify the part # for the female METAL fitting from triumph?

I already replaced the Male fittings a while back. Also are they both the same size/part? and why is one of the Original ones white and the other black?

Also, will there be any issues in removing the OE plastic one?(since one of mine is leaking fuel) I read on the triumph forum about the plastic getting stuck in the threads.
Just look around a bit man, here's a while section full of info, check tip #13
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2047930#post2047930
:stickpoke

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the triumph part is the same as the MV part, they are all made by CPC.
To be clear they are plastic. there are no metal FEMALE parts. only the 90* barb fitting is metal (this is a triumph part)
Part from MV dealer $50 (not instock)
Part from Triumph dealer $10, instock.

Triumph actually did a recall on theirs, when it started breaking.... Thanks MV! :bash:

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
He asked for the part number Donsy, not for a novel to read......

why not just just give him the number ?

:popcorn:
Do you have it ?:stickpoke
I showed him a link to where he can buy it without any problems.

·
Registered
14,505 Posts

·
Vendor
5,337 Posts
I can tell you guys that Triumph only upgraded the 2 male fittings to alloy ones.Having owned 4 Triumph's I upgraded to CPC steel fittings on all my Triumph's.CPC is the way to go.:)

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Donsy:
I gave the numbers to Carl when he was a Forum Sponsor

they were in my sticky on the UK Forum
And if you look in the screenshot from Varium in the 1st post of that thread or novel of mine, you would have seen the part numbers are in there too :stickpoke Adjusted just for you, but OP asked for Triumph part numbers, I don't have them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts