MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode the 312 down to Bologna today and took the Ducati Factory and Museum Tour. The two hr ride was a great way to wake up and put a smile on anyone's face! Then to end up at a place with decades of motorcycle history was quite a topper. I like Ducati (not as much as I love my 312) so it was a once in a life time stop. No cameras allowed in the factory so no pics but it was very impressive. Got to see the first batch of 848s ready for shipment and saw the final testing taking place on a number of 1098s.

Now to get to Varese but it may have to wait until spring. I can't go there in a car...it would be sacriledge and I'm sure the MV would immediately spring leaks, blow tires and pout to no end :cry:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only 848s we saw were going to be red but I'm sure they'll be in the standard 1098 colors (including white).

The factory is spotless. It runs 20hrs a day and puts out 220 bikes/day from spring through the fall then slows down to 120/day for winter totalling about 32k annually. For the business folks out there, they've gone with some LEAN manufacturing techniques. Each engine is built by only 3 people (there are more than that but only three instead of the previous 20 will touch each engine) and they're put together in about 1 1/2 hrs. They've got 3 assembly lines of bikes. 1 for Monsters, 1 for Motostradas/Hypermotards/etc, and 1 for superbikes and other small production bikes. Each bike takes about 3hrs from frame to finished. Each engine is run at least 3 times, once by itself, once to tune the bike and finally on an indoor rolling track.

Very clean and efficient setup throughout and extremely impressive. Not what I expected given my experiences with the rest of Italy, lol. Can't wait to see the MV factory to compare.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure, feel free with the pics. They didn't allow cameras into the factory when I went there so only got the pics in my brain, lol.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I thought I had more pics (think I moved them in some CD), only one left about Ducati museum

BUT...I have some of MV Museum :naughty:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts