MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I admit i am not the smartest cookie in the jar but what the heck was MV thinking when it made the 1090 so freakin hard to reset the dam trip meter??? Seems everytime i gas up and reset, or try to rest the trip, i use up half the tank sitting there putting buttons and waiting the 4 seconds and then pushin again within the 4 seconds blah blah blah!! :banghead:

·
Registered
456 Posts
yeap they basically made the damn thing as difficult as you can make a simple operation.

has to be "the most" moronic series of pressing buttons and counting to 4 that they could have made, the only way they could have made it better was by giving you only one button and making you count for even longer or something, i'm sure some "genius" at mv is currently working on that as we speak. :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
I went out on my old 750 Suzuki today, took me about 2 seconds to reset the odometer, takes me about 5 minutes to do the MV, progress? :) I usually don't bother now, in the too difficult box, pity they didn't fit a fuel gauge...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish i didn't have to bother with it too but i can't remember crap, so i need the trip to keep tabs on my petro. ahh, the trials of life on an MV :D

·
Registered
456 Posts
geez i saw how bad that lap timer thing lookd, i skip over that option everytime when pressing the set button, i don't think i'll ever use that damn thing.

a clock on the bike would have been nice actually.. but noooooo that would actually be something useful

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I'm just over the moon at not having to stop at every petrol station I see - my previous ride got 160km to a tank of gas if I was easy on the throttle.
I have a little piece of paper in my wallet with the procedure written on it, until my brain can retain the sequence.

Still lovin' it though. It's the price you have to pay for having an Italian mistress...

·
Registered
204 Posts
geez i saw how bad that lap timer thing lookd, i skip over that option everytime when pressing the set button, i don't think i'll ever use that damn thing.

a clock on the bike would have been nice actually.. but noooooo that would actually be something useful
?? mine has a clock.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm just over the moon at not having to stop at every petrol station I see - my previous ride got 160km to a tank of gas if I was easy on the throttle.
I have a little piece of paper in my wallet with the procedure written on it, until my brain can retain the sequence.

Still lovin' it though. It's the price you have to pay for having an Italian mistress...
Dam good idea, figure laminate a small piece of paper and put it in my riding jacket coz like Georgef, i get alot of cases of the CRS! :jsm:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ridiculous aint it guys? Howbout the fuel maps? I hit the starter button twice, sport icon flashed for a few secs then went solid again. Whats supposed to happen? Am I doing something wrong? Is she just playing hard to get??

·
Registered
456 Posts
you have to time it so that you do the first of the two tap when its whrere you want to go, meaning you are in sort mode two tap it blinks, to put in standard wait for the sport to diappear then 2 tap again

·
Registered
324 Posts
I've had no luck either - i thought holding a severed chicken foot while pressing various buttons would help, it hasn't reset the meters, but I have been swarmed by angry bees 3 times now :ahhh:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've had no luck either - i thought holding a severed chicken foot while pressing various buttons would help, it hasn't reset the meters, but I have been swarmed by angry bees 3 times now :ahhh:
:laughing:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Trip And Reset

NO SHIT, I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. VERY HARD AND CONFUSING. I LIKE SIMPLE. I GOT TO THE POINT WHERE I DON'T EVEN USE THEM, WHICH KIND OF SUCKS:eek:nthecan:

·
Registered
147 Posts
What it works for me:

Count "One_Mississippi" while presssing the button...release.
Count "Two_Mississippi" and do nothing...
Count "Three_Mississippi" while pressing the button...release.

This procedure is valid to change form normal to sport and vice versa.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts