MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I find on my 2011 1090R that you also have to press VERY firmly on the buttons. My head hurt after reading the manual on how to change anything on the dash. Definitely more complicated than anything should be :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep... You gotta hold the buttons firmly...
But from what I can tell...you can only read the trip 2 readout when you are deleting it. The trip 1 is always viewable on the main screen... That is just ridiculous.

One other thing....nowhere in the manual does it describe turning on and off the flashers...it shows where the button is...but nothing more.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Ha, I initially thought the entire red hazard piece moved in or out for the flashers, but the button is only the very center of it, and it's a bit awkward to push.

As I figure it, Trip 2 is only useful to me as a full trip measure. Trip 1 is far more important since I use it between fill ups so that I know when I'm close to reserve (~180-200km on my 1090R, haven't tested to empty). So not being able to see it isn't too much of a concern.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok... Back to the original question... Can someone with a 2012 1090RR tell me if they have the TRIP 2 display showing up in the right side of the display? Mine only has the TRIP 1 and a blank space at the upper right side of the display contrary to the manual pictures.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
The manual pictures may simply show the display with all possible options lit. If Trip 2, when selected, shows up to the right (but alone) and leaves the Trip 1 area empty then this is probably the case. I've never gone through the trouble myself of switching to Trip 2, though our dashes are the same. I'll give it a try later on and get back to you.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Yep, just did some playing with the display. You can switch between, Trip 1 on left OR Trip 2 on right, but not the two at the same time. Just Manual magic it would seem.

Switching between is, sadly, easier than resetting either of them.

+1 to it really not being worth the effort.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
275 Posts
Haha sometime i manage to reset the trip counter after sometime i dont bother. Just remember the mileage after refuel.

·
Registered
405 Posts
The TNT I have has a really simple system to reset the trip, when the bike is moving quickly press the starter button a couple of times, works perfectly. A single trip reset button would cover 90% of we want to do with the display?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts