MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter is coming so my rides will be less as i spend my time enduro and off road

Reading the manual they say remove the 30a fuse. Mines not 30 its 20 or 25 from what i recall

Secondly does it really need to be removed before i plug the charger in or do people just leave the fuse in and keep on trickle?

Any long term issues? My bike is a 2015 so i don't want to resurrect an old 2012/13 thread where batteries were crap etc etc post

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
I read it as you take the fuse out to disconnect the battery which will stop the system from draining the battery. Then the part about charging says "if the battery is charged after a period of downtime, make sure that the charger fuse is place inside its housing on the remote switch", which I take to mean if you took the fuse out make sure you replace it before you hook up the charger. Meaning that you need t fuse in for the charger to work, easy enough to verify as your charger will not show a connection if the fuse is required but is out. For what its worth I've never taking the fuse out when charging.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read it as you take the fuse out to disconnect the battery which will stop the system from draining the battery. Then the part about charging says "if the battery is charged after a period of downtime, make sure that the charger fuse is place inside its housing on the remote switch", which I take to mean if you took the fuse out make sure you replace it before you hook up the charger. Meaning that you need t fuse in for the charger to work, easy enough to verify as your charger will not show a connection if the fuse is required but is out. For what its worth I've never taking the fuse out when charging.
Yep that's what i read so i bung it on with the fuse in and it worked fine

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts