MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If you come to Sydney I can reccomend some good breweies, Indian eateries & swimming places??
Reccomend keeping away Jan Feb as too busy/hot
I'm sure Scott can reccomend some places over in Tax, your probably get good exchange rates as well
Enjoy
I would like that buddy. I'll get my itinerary all figured out and I'll definitely let you and anybody else that wants to meet up know where and when I'm going to be in their area.

Sent from my Armor 9 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
Now I'm thinking 1 month is not enough! I guess I'm going to have to get more structured and enter all these places on a spreadsheet and come up with a timeline.
4 weeks is not long enough to do justice to both countries or the areas you're thinking of visiting !

Reactions: Glenno

Old Wing Nut
Pam and I are trying to find our way to make another trip to New Zealand, duration of trip to be for the rest of our lives ;)....... but grandkids in the USA seem to be a stumbling block.
3 weeks, even 4 is just not enough time.

Reactions: cruiser

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Pam and I are trying to find our way to make another trip to New Zealand, duration of trip to be for the rest of our lives ;)....... but grandkids in the USA seem to be a stumbling block.
3 weeks, even 4 is just not enough time.
I feel that way about Alaska. I spent two months doing everything you can imagine in Alaska and it was some of the best memories I have to date. I'm looking forward to this trip down under to be exactly the same if not better.

Super Moderator
Yep, I'm spending 3 weeks just doing a quick south to north new zealand trip next year.
Don't forget to reach out closer to the time mate

Reactions: Glenno

Premium Member
BMW HP4 Carbon 2013, ZX10R Gen 1 2004, F3 800 2017
Can't add much more to the comments Figifister, however fwiw I thought I'd throw some comments of my experiences in both...

As part of a ROTW.... 7 months pre kids travel experience thing, me and my then wife landed in OZ circa December 1993... spent 3 months travelling from Sydney via the Bruce Highway to Cairns and back, it was outstanding, some highlights in no particular order recanted from a fast fading memory..... Sydney, Byron Bay, Scuba Diving on various parts of reef is a must, the Pelagic fish are HUGE... Townsville and Magnetic Island, Brisbane Gold Coast stretch, Rockhampton or Rockie as the locals call it. Cairns is cracking too but really humid and roasting hot in "their" summer

Crashed at my mates in Leichardt Sydney for 1 week which was great as he showed us round the city and took us sailing under the harbour bridge, remember the distances are vast... it's 16 hours on a bus from Sydney to Byron Bay, it's like an inch on the map we used lol...

As much as I loved OZ my favourite place had to be the month we spent in NZ, it reminded me of here in Scotland but with far better weather... both Islands are a must, we travelled round via the Kiwi Experience bus which is a circular hop on/hop off type of thing...the further South you go the more it felt and looked like home..again no particular order... Rotorua with it's hot pools and stench of Hydrogen Sulphide is lovely...no kidding, these things are even in people's back yards ! the Luge there is a must do..Google it... its hilarious, Taupo is really nice to visit, play the $1m hole in one challenge, its still there after all these years, Black water rafting in the Waitomo Caves to see the glow worms is great, Wellington is very English like from memory, you can get the ferry to Picton on the South Island from there.. my ex wife done a 10k ft skydive in Nelson (could have cut her cords right there) !.., Queenstown is amazing too, it's a rich man's playground... I booked on to an organised off road all day blast on a Suzuki DR400, through moors, forests, rivers etc...the scenery was unreal.

Never made it to Milford Sound or Dunedin (loads of ex pat Scots there) and a massive Albatross colony which was a bummer, Christchurch is like Wellington if I recall.... apologies if this post is irrelevant but both OZ and NZ were just brilliant fun and I couldn't resist throwing my bit in lol...

Both Lonely planet handbooks would be a great buy to plan out where you want to go and what to do mate, they are really informative...

Get it booked !

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
Can't add much more to the comments Figifister, however fwiw I thought I'd throw some comments of my experiences in both...

As part of a ROTW.... 7 months pre kids travel experience thing, me and my then wife landed in OZ circa December 1993...

As much as I loved OZ my favourite place had to be the month we spent in NZ, it reminded me of here in Scotland but with far better weather... both Islands are a must, we travelled round via the Kiwi Experience bus which is a circular hop on/hop off type of thing...through moors, forests, rivers etc...the scenery was unreal.
...and it's even better now ! :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
LOL that was a good debrief. I if I have half as much fun as it sounds like you did I would be happy!

Registered
I did NZ a while ago, and it looks small on a map but is really quite big. Exwife and I did 2 weeks in Nth Island and 2 weeks really wasn't enough by a long way, we did south of Auckland visiting surf spots, no way could we fit even Corromandal or north of Auckland.
We came back for another 2 week bite at South Island, same deal, could fit only half the island in.

Premium Member
BMW HP4 Carbon 2013, ZX10R Gen 1 2004, F3 800 2017
LOL that was a good debrief. I if I have half as much fun as it sounds like you did I would be happy!

Haha, cheers..

I'd pick up the Lonely Planet books..The level of detail and information is the best you'll get IMHO.

Around 6 months prior to leaving and using the South East Asia Guide, I clocked a Curry House in Kota Bahru, Malaysia that had us Salivating, it sounded utterly amazing and was imprinted in my brain all that time, it was one of those great lifetime finds....

We followed the guide directions as in "300yds left, swing a right, 150yds till you reach the third telephone pole and look across the square".... and sure enough there it was, our Tiny Banana Leaf Curry House, nestled amont the throng of a busy market place ...the place as promised was packed with locals all eating off Banana Leaf plates, the prices were embarrassingly low and food just.....well, sensational.. it was worth waiting on.

I just googled it, it's still there.... completely forgot the name which still doesn't ring a bell lol..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Registered
A discussion on the tele last night suggested that Aust might be open to international tourists mid 2022, but that very much depends on the roll out of the Covid vaccine and whether the increasing amounts of variants of the virus are kept under control. I think it highly unlikely that anyone who has not been vaccinated, and can prove that they have, will be allowed in.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
A discussion on the tele last night suggested that Aust might be open to international tourists mid 2022, but that very much depends on the roll out of the Covid vaccine and whether the increasing amounts of variants of the virus are kept under control. I think it highly unlikely that anyone who has not been vaccinated, and can prove that they have, will be allowed in.
You respond in this thread but not to my private message!? I see how it is haha

It'll be okay the world will figure itself out and we can all go have some fun again!

Registered
You respond in this thread but not to my private message!? I see how it is haha

It'll be okay the world will figure itself out and we can all go have some fun again!

I think your imagination is getting the better or you Arizona.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
@MacStrine ... Whatever you say buddy.

Anyways, I have some good news! Plane flight costs seem to be reducing. Though the actual booking of flights cannot happen till 1 year away? If someone has a different way of booking flights let me know but the Delta site will not let me book more than a year away. Strange.

I guess it gives me more time to nail down a specific date. I am thinking November- December. That is the slowest time of the year in my profession and everything slows down in general on this side of the ocean.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts