MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

After posting my problem in reddit they directed me to this forum. I hope I can get some help on my issue.

I've been having a lot of reliability issues with my bike. Charging coil, broken rim, failing rear brake system and changing the exhaust system 3 times..

The latest problem I had is something in the transmission/gearbox. Now I say something because I really have no idea about what can be the problem.
The problem occurs when changing gears from 3rd to 4th only under load (hard acceleration). raising the lever to the top doesn't do anything in the first try and succeeds on the second try. The lever goes to the top, I've tried with quick shift on/off with clutch and without. Nothing changes. I always need two tries to shift up from 3rd to 4th.
Now under normal driving conditions, it works normally with or without the quick shifter. My mechanic took the gear box apart three times already and all the internal parts look OK. he replaced the 'brain' (he called it). but there's nothing else mechanically he can do other than replacing the whole system. He reached out to MV company in Italy, They did not have any similar issues.

If any of you had a similar problem, or dealt with something similar, I could use any help.

Thanks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Try lowering your shift pedal position for about 1 cm

·
Super Moderator
22,850 Posts
Expensive way to find out you need to adjust the shift lever to you.

·
Registered
396 Posts
had the same issues, found one solution is putting more weight on the pegs under very hard acceleration, then it works better. Besides that make sure you have the latest software installed, they changed the timings for the quickshifter which made it a little better as well

·
Registered
389 Posts
For the rear brake system, if you have not fixed it already. Try moving the rear reservoir to the back of the frame. Look at these newer F3 models to see where it is or check this forum for posts about it.

I had rear brake issues on my 675, moved the reservoir, bled system but issue came back. So I had the brake pump replaced under warranty. Just got the bike back and put 300 miles on it and back brake is holding up fine for now.

Hi guys,

After posting my problem in reddit they directed me to this forum. I hope I can get some help on my issue.

I've been having a lot of reliability issues with my bike. Charging coil, broken rim, failing rear brake system and changing the exhaust system 3 times..

The latest problem I had is something in the transmission/gearbox. Now I say something because I really have no idea about what can be the problem.
The problem occurs when changing gears from 3rd to 4th only under load (hard acceleration). raising the lever to the top doesn't do anything in the first try and succeeds on the second try. The lever goes to the top, I've tried with quick shift on/off with clutch and without. Nothing changes. I always need two tries to shift up from 3rd to 4th.
Now under normal driving conditions, it works normally with or without the quick shifter. My mechanic took the gear box apart three times already and all the internal parts look OK. he replaced the 'brain' (he called it). but there's nothing else mechanically he can do other than replacing the whole system. He reached out to MV company in Italy, They did not have any similar issues.

If any of you had a similar problem, or dealt with something similar, I could use any help.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your replies, I'll contact my mechanic with your advise, I hope it really works with just lowering the lever.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Man, is his mechanic going to look foolish or what.

A failing upshift COULD be caused due the fact the PREVIOUS gear is not engaged fully, witch cause upshift failure upon the next gear.
This defnatly can be caused due to a gearlever that is ajusted too high [as most are], isn't it a easy fix to adjust your lever and give it a try before opting for likly unneeded expensive repairs?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He (The mechanic) tried lowering the lever. next step is to hook a camera to double check that the lever goes all the way up. the software is up to date. so other than that its replacing all the transmission.

·
Registered
895 Posts
A failing upshift COULD be caused due the fact the PREVIOUS gear is not engaged fully, witch cause upshift failure upon the next gear.
This defnatly can be caused due to a gearlever that is ajusted too high [as most are], isn't it a easy fix to adjust your lever and give it a try before opting for likly unneeded expensive repairs?
I wasn't disagreeing with you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts