MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are trailering our bikes to Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach. I bought my bike used and it has no passenger pegs. I usually like to compress the rear suspension a little and keep the rearend from wiggling around. Any safe ideas on where to strap it down. BTW, my bike got a new sprag and gear indicator sensor. She's ready to rock.

·
Super Moderator
22,045 Posts
How are you restraining the front?

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
My wife and I are trailering our bikes to Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach. I bought my bike used and it has no passenger pegs. I usually like to compress the rear suspension a little and keep the rearend from wiggling around. Any safe ideas on where to strap it down. BTW, my bike got a new sprag and gear indicator sensor. She's ready to rock.
Pitbull makes a great trailering system that is mounted to the floor and hooks in through the rear axle. No need to compress any of the suspension. I have one and it is easy to use and safe

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Front at the bottom of the fork lugs and a rear wheel grabber with straps holds it down pretty darn good.

I dont like compressing the suspension.

·
Administrator
19,508 Posts
Skip Biketoberfest and come to the Bubba instead....!

·
Registered
560 Posts
If its a standard B3, dont know how the dragster is set up, you could always strap onto the passenger grab rails. If you look under the bike the black plastic cover has two cutouts that lead up onto the subframe. I would take a picture of mine but its in the shop. I would cautious about putting a ton of force that far away from the pivot point of the subframe. Figure the amount of sag from riding two up and you should be golden.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have an Aluma trailer that I installed some locking wheel chocks on. So, I don't compress the front suspension too much. I hooked a tie down onto the passenger grab handle. The rear wasn't tied down and was walking around when I hit some bumps. I think it will work good. My wife and I both ride. There's no way she'll ride all the way to Daytona Beach. (1000 miles) She doesn't pack heavy, but does take some luggage. I've never heard of the Bubba, but I'm gonna research it. Thanks guys. I took the newly fixed Brutale on a spirited ride yesterday. Still the best bike I've ever ridden.

·
Super Moderator
22,045 Posts
If the front is in a chock and suitably restrained, simply pass a tie down through and looped once around the rear wheel and tie straight back

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I had to turn the laptop upside down for that one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts