oh man another rider has passed in the moto2 class
very sad news
tomizawa passed as a result of insuries sustained in the race
rest in peace
lots of love to his family and friends

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
A couple of the guys who are also bike riders from work have just mentioned this sad loss.
Rest in peace Tomizawa. A truly talented young man.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
That was/is heartbreaking - I was watching that last night with my son & wife, whlist I didn't say anything out loud at the time inside I knew he wasn't much of a chance of surviving that horror crash. I felt sick and could barely watch the moto GP. I really don't know how the other guys rode the moto GP race,they are truly tough as nails!

RIP Shoya.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yeah, a sickening accident indeed. I too thought there was little chance of surviving that. RIP mate and thoughts to his family and friends.

You've got to feel for Alex de Angelis and Scott Redding who were involved in this terrible accident, they must be doing a lot of soul searching at the moment as to weather they could have avoided him. I think there was nothing they could have done as the whole incident happened soooo quickly.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
I was watching live till dinner was ready, then watched something else, a couple laps before it happened. Didn't see it till the next morning after hearing the news. Horrible accident. Very sad.... Japan doesn't have many fast dudes out there, he was quite promising.

A friend of mine was there, she went with Yamaguchi-san who was on the Gresini team.... though he did a decent job in the race, it was not a great weekend for anyone there.

I still think it should have been red flagged. saw the guys checking for a pulse while moving.... if it was that bad I don't think he should have been moved. Pretty sure it wouldn't have mattered.... anyway.....

RIP sho-kun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts