MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
yup.......the right hand

https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/p480x480/1456074_622296281167101_598428723_n.jpg

Randy Mamola, 500 Cagiva

posted by a beautiful woman that is serious about track days......

and a Mom with 2 kids with a right foot

http://www.ashleyforce.com/2010-Gallery/ashley-pomona/pics/1007-05028.jpg

she deals with 8,500+ HP with skill

http://www.ashleyforce.com/

and MotoGP deals with 250+ HP with electronics

BFD!

here's what happens when you tighten the clutch lockup weights too much.......my buddy RC.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59WtrQaXmn4

how about an 1/8th mile airborne......he went through the lights at 260MPH.....backwards

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
:yo::yo::yo:

·
Registered
14,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
5,589 Posts

·
Registered
14,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Erik :drummer:

love that stuff

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Traction control is for selling high horsepower bikes to low skill people and not killing off your market. MotoGP traction control and electronics are about keeping a $500000 machine on 2 wheels when the riders ego is greater than their skill.

My favorite video is the Jorge Lorenzo crash after a practice start at Laguna Seca because the traction control had not yet turned on. LMFO, some champion...

·
Registered
895 Posts
Traction control is for selling high horsepower bikes to low skill people and not killing off your market. MotoGP traction control and electronics are about keeping a $500000 machine on 2 wheels when the riders ego is greater than their skill.

My favorite video is the Jorge Lorenzo crash after a practice start at Laguna Seca because the traction control had not yet turned on. LMFO, some champion...
Motogp bikes have traction control because it is within the rules, and allows them to have a massive amount of power and be able to dial it back to a controllable level when the bikes are at maximum lean angle. Same as Pedrosas' crash after the traction control was disabled, no rider would have saved either of those crashes, not even you Timmy.:)

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Let's just add an nice picture for Noel!

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
I almost high sided in the rain on the highway a few weeks ago , as I am use to the traction control , but some one had shut it off on me during a test ride . so I could see when you come to expect it and it suddenly is gone not much you can do .
But I will say with the electronics or not . If you have never been out on a track riding with a GP rider I will tell you doesn't matter what bike they are on . They have more talent and balls then most of us and being out there with them sends that message home very fast hahaha

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
...not even you Timmy.:)
I'll be the first to admit my skill to ego ratio is quite poor. Its also really hard to prevent people from cheating and using traction control if its banned from the rules.
TIMAAAYYYYY!!!! :f4:

·
Registered
14,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you Erik......I love that stuff.....

what bothers me is watching IOM TT racers going over jumps and having the bike go crazy when the back wheel touches down.....front still in the air

THE FRAMES ARE A POS.......the rear end is steering because the engine isn't solidly mounted to the swingarm

the designers should be castrated

·
Super Moderator
22,622 Posts
The Squirrelly rears...anything to do with tire carcass flex?

(P.S. WTF you doing up at this hour, me I'm pretending to work...)

·
Registered
895 Posts
:popcorn:
thank you Erik......I love that stuff.....

what bothers me is watching IOM TT racers going over jumps and having the bike go crazy when the back wheel touches down.....front still in the air

THE FRAMES ARE A POS.......the rear end is steering because the engine isn't solidly mounted to the swingarm

the designers should be castrated
:jsm:Are you for real? Come on, tell us now how something from the 60s or 70s was much better.:popcorn:

·
Registered
568 Posts

Motogp bikes have traction control because it is within the rules, and allows them to have a massive amount of power and be able to dial it back to a controllable level when the bikes are at maximum lean angle. Same as Pedrosas' crash after the traction control was disabled, no rider would have saved either of those crashes, not even you Timmy.:)
Don't you mean launch control not T/C

·
Super Moderator
22,622 Posts
I know what Ground Control is, at least to Major Tom.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Yes, do you?
You quoted both Greg and Timaaayyy, just joking, Timay used the wording or term incorrectly, Lorenzo's problem was because of the problem with launch control not traction control, Greg was right.

And fwiw, yes I know the difference very well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts