MV Agusta Forum banner

Traction control

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Reckler 
#1 ·
I've had my 990r on TC3 for 10000ks. Not really sure f I've ever noticed it working. Bit nervous to crank it too hard out of corners to test it. What is the setting most common out there. Also are you guys confident in its effectiveness.

#2 ·
Sorry to disipoint you but..
TRACTION CONTROL DOES NOT WORK
I have it on setting1 to 8 on my 2012 1090RR
and it does nothing!!
tryed both in sport and regular mapping , still no results
Nearley lost the bike twice in the rain...
Been to the dealer about this, and they say the factory knows off the problem and solved it on later models with adding a kind off alu ring
near the rear brake with more pic up points, unfortionally it can not be changed to fit our bikes..
cheers
Peter

#3 ·
I agree with pikfee . My 920 is set on level 8, the most sensitive and had what felt like a big moment in the rain on a sweeping corner the back stepped out . It felt a lot but probably wasn't , even so I hoped traction would have stopped this sort of thing. I don't trust it . Couple of the mags here in the uk also struggled to get it to function.

#4 ·
Interesting, Mine is set on 3 (I think) I thought I could feel it kicking in gassing is up while still tipped in, I know on my R6 if I gassed it up at the lean I was on the rear would light up.

Might have to go out next weekend and play with the settings and test it.

#5 ·
No rain here to test it in, but I've had the rear spin up exiting corners many a time. It does feel like it tames itself, maybe just regains traction. I'm running in level 4.

My right hand pretty well knows how to control it too, it's just slow in getting the message from the brain.

#7 · (Edited)
My understanding is that the TC is very basic and is only looking for a spike in revs. I believe I have had mine activate, when I accelerated on a corner that had lots of dust from construction trucks. The back slipped out quite a distance and then just settled itself.
Pilfer, I think your dealer is talking about the ABS system, not the TC.

Based on my riding style and road conditions, I have settled on sport mode with the TC set on 5.

#10 ·
I keep my TC set at 4. It definitely limits wheels spin. I tried a few brake stand burn outs, and it won't really do it. When I turn the TC off, she lights up.

#12 ·
I initially started off with the TC at 1, never owned a bike with TC before, so didn't really care if it did anything. It would still slide the rear out when throttling out of a corner, but definitely seemed to break a bit less than it should have been. Had it up to 5, and it seemed like it didn't spin out at all when I thought it should have, so assumed it worked fine. Typically just riding with it off right now, but might put it back to TC 1 or 2 when I get out for another quick run in the mountains...just in case :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.