MV Agusta Forum banner

Traction Control settings

11K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  silentservice703 
#1 ·
Help please.. I can’t find any manual reference for what the TC settings means, and should be on an F3.. as the roads are so slippery in the UK at the moment, getting this right is a major issue for me... I can see how to change them, but is 1 good or bad ?

#2 ·
Isn't the highest number the greatest intervention???

Try this...set it on 8 (or whatever is highest) and go for a short ride. Whack the throttle open whilst straight up and down at lower speed on a damp road and note the reaction. Then do the same thing with TC set at 1. Note the difference.

Adjust to a setting that gives you the level of intervention you want.

#3 ·
yep 0 is off 8 is highest intervention. Its in the maintenance manual and chassis manual. Might not be clear in the user guide though?

#5 ·
TC can definitely help on wet-slime roads: we have same here on Gulf Coast, TX USA. Also just slow down and smooth throttle and braking.

#6 ·
I thought the same way. That level 1 is the lowest level and 8 is the highest level of traction control meaning that level 8 would give you the highest intervention of electronics and the safest ride.
Until today, when I watched this video by accident. It looks like it's totally opposite.

#7 ·
Maybe they changed it on the new Brutale 1000?

On my 2015 1090rr its definately lower = less. zero = off. I set it to 3 when I got the bike, and have never noticed it intervene nor wheelspin....im not riding in the rain though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.